• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cody being a good boy

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebirdnerds

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jennifer
Here are some pictures of Cody. As you can see he is not set on severing my finger. In my last post about him I had and still have a pretty nast bite that should have had stitches but here just goes to show you he is not EVIL just because he gave me 1 good bite. I tried again and this time I had a goodie hahaha as you can see he rather appreciates that :) I am much more appealing to him with a goodie..."hmmm maybe I won't bite your finger off this time" lol :dance4:
By no means does this mean he is tame and ready to be adopted but he is making strides in the little time he has been here.

M

M.C Bird Rescue

HM<MM Jen, I was looking at the pictures. I wonder if he hates the color red..or if he hates clothing in general. He is a CUTE little SEVERE!!! severe for a reason,....LOL. Little anger pots ready to launch at any second.

He is doing great in your care..maybe YOUR the Macaw guru..seee. HAHAHHAHAHA.. TAKE THE TOOS TAKE THE TOOS!!!!!

Stevo

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Stephen
Such a sweetie...... ;)

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
He is adorable. I have been told green is the best color to wear around parrots, no black or red. I have lots of green shirts.:)

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
he is STUNNING!!

thebirdnerds

Real Name
Jennifer
He is doing great in your care..maybe YOUR the Macaw guru..seee. HAHAHHAHAHA.. TAKE THE TOOS TAKE THE TOOS!!!!!
LOL You are out of your mind! lol I am NOT the macaw guru hahaha I will gladly take the toos. Macaws are your thing lol I love them all but Macaws take to you hahah except scarlets lol they are mine :)

Archiesmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
Awww, what a cutie! He looks so sweet in those pictures, as if to say "Me? Oh no, I would NEVER attempt to sever your finger off."

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
They are very pretty birds. They do mellow some as they get older. Of the flock my severe is the easiest to bribe with food. they are hi energy and need lots to keep them busy...and when they are busy don't mess with them. Again, with all the flock this is the bird that I get her attention first, tell her what I am doing THEN and only then I proceed. No bites for several years now. If I am real tired and not paying attention...I get a different bird. They are fun and are quick studies and sure do love showing off tricks. Cara will be 13 in april and I have had her since a baby. Their body language is real easy to read also.

YOur boy sure is enjoying his treat and I look forward to more stories.

Peggy

onthewingsofmacaws

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Patricia
The are beautiful and there was a time I thought they were okay until I rescued Jeepers. 2 yrs with him really turned me off Severe Macaws I love they way they look they are breathtaking in their beautiful Emerald feathers and red and blue wings. with that perfectly groom very sharp pointy black beak that they use with the precision of a scalpel. Will admire them from a distance.

ilikebirds

Jogging around the block
I just love his face! He makes me smile:D, with teeth!
Geez, what a beak...
Is he talking? Buddy would mumble to herself a lot, I really had to listen. As I paid attention, she made all kinds of sound effects and had conversation.

Big.Green.Chicken

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Anna
He doesn't look like he would have taken off your finger. Maybe he was just hungry?:D I have never seen a bird that looks like him before.

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
He doesn't look like he would have taken off your finger. Maybe he was just hungry?:D I have never seen a bird that looks like him before.
They are sweet and darling and melt your heart with their looks...but....that beak really is pretty powerful. My little girl can't crack brazil nuts but she can shave the shell off with her lower beak!!! That beak is not something I would want chomping on my finger!!! :omg:

Peggy

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
he's a beauty Jen - and loves that treat, so much tastier than fingers.

can't blame him though, such a scared little soul in there

Status
Not open for further replies.