• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent COCKATIEL STUCK IN TREE!!!happy update #17

parrotlover4

Walking the driveway
Please help! My cockatiel is fully flighted now but i decided i would take her outsude without a harness a si used to do that while she was clipped and she never once flew away. Now she js stuck in a pine tree. I can not climb up to get her and it is in the parking lot of my apartment building. I am not leaving her. I have tried calling her and throwing anything i can find at he rbut she is just being bratty and just being "cute and puffy" like always. Only she is 10 ft up in a pine tree and it hurts my hand to grab the dumb branches. I need advise and I am not going to leave her alone. She is bonded to me btw and is just calling me. She does not have a mate

RosieBird

Rollerblading along the road
Can you call a neighbor for help? I'm sorry, I've been there, just trying to think of anything that could help you get her down safely

parrotlover4

Walking the driveway
She wants to fly to me but i think she is scared. She only got wings a few days ago.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
If anyone can go to a pet store for you a long handled net may help.

WeasleyLover

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
Bring her cage outside and put her food and favorite treats inside of it. That could encourage her to come down if she see's something she wants.

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
can you get some one to bring her cage out side

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
do you have another caged bird you could bring that one out in its cage or some thing to get the sound of you voice go louder she may not beable to hear you

parrotlover4

Walking the driveway
Should i call firefighters? She is now on the roof chirping and scared now:(

WeasleyLover

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
Are your parents aware that she is up there? Are they helping you?

WeasleyLover

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
Thank goodness! :hug8::hug8::hug8:

I hope that you won't take her outside without a harness again, flighted or clipped!

RosieBird

Rollerblading along the road
Thank God I had a pit in my stomach for you.

When you have calmed her down please come back and tell us how you got her back. This could help someone in the future.

ConureTiel

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
@Monica ??

Taking her cage out, food, continue calling -- all good ideas. A newly flighted bird truly may not know how to fly/land DOWN -- it is a skill. She is scared, not being stubborn.

Thank goodness you can see her. 10 feet up should be doable if you can summon a ladder or a net or something. Have the target for her to fly to (like her cage) before you approach her with anything or try to climb to her.

Get her cage out or start eating a yummy snack yourself where she can see you.

If you do plan to try to reach her or climb to her, as I said, get her cage out first and be ready to try to direct her to safety rather than just see her spook and fly to another inaccessible place.

Don't give up == get help == ladder, net, pole, something.