• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Cockatiel Sneezing/Wheezing

DanielDav

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Daniel
Hello everyone,

my cockatiel is 1-2 years old and just recently helped his partner Candy lay 4 eggs and are currently incubating them by turns.

just two days ago Gucci started sneezing with a sound of a whistle/wheeze. I will put a link to a video of him sneezing to better understand what i mean.

Please let me know if his condition is serious and needs medical/vet intervention. He is too precious to me and my wife!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle

DanielDav

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Daniel
I took him to a vet just two hours ago. Apparently i gave him a bath a week ago by bottle spraying water on him and towel dried him. He obviously got sick because it was his first bath with us. The vet gave him some antibiotic drops and said he would recover within 2-3 days. His apetite and droppings are normal. He eats like usual and poops green & white linear droppings. Thank you for the reply though!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Glad you got him looked at and the vet was able to get a quick diagnosis and give you the meds. Hope it´s a speedy and smooth recovery :)