• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cockatiel baby food

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reftect

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Katie
I had to pull my cockatiel babies and put them in a brooder at 9 and 10 days old. I was feeding them formula tell my dog knocked it over and now i barely have any left. What at home food could i feed them that would be ok tell i can go to get more formula tomorrow since today is Easter? I have a jar of stage 1 sweet pea baby food, i also have grits (not sure just asking) and oatmeal. Could i grind up fresh broccoli into a liquid and feed them? I have enough formula for 1 or 2 more feedings but they are stunted so they need more.

Any advice would be appreciated, Just want to know what they can and can not eat tell tomorrow.

Thanks

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
I would go to your local petco and or petsmart and go get some formula:)

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
You definitely need to get more formula asap and stock up so that they have enough on hand.

yvette

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Yvette
Formula is the best thing for them at there age. You should be feeding them every 4 hours for sure. broccoli and other foods could cause sour crop and other issues.
I have never fed a baby anything other then formula, so Im not sure what will work.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Well those stores are CLOSED today for Easter so it's not really possible to get more right now for the poster...

My gut says that I personally would try baby foods like sweet potatoes, etc to keep them on schedule. Make sure it is ONLY veggies + water, nothing else. And when you get more formula, get 2 bags, just in case ;)

Reftect

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Katie
Well those stores are CLOSED today for Easter so it's not really possible to get more right now for the poster...

My gut says that I personally would try baby foods like sweet potatoes, etc to keep them on schedule. Make sure it is ONLY veggies + water, nothing else. And when you get more formula, get 2 bags, just in case ;)

Thank you! Yes all the stores are closed today which most did not seem to know lol. If they weren't i would go get them formula :)

I will try to baby food and use the rest of the formula lightly!

Status
Not open for further replies.