• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cleaning time!

C_Leigh

Walking the driveway
Hi all!

Does anyone else's birds get royally irked when you clean their cage?

Tonight my budgie girls went for zooms around the place so I jumped at the opportunity to clean their house. I grabbed paper towel, white vinegar and a brush. They immediately perched up high to give me an accusatory eye. Then started swooping me, if they were magpies I would have been very worried!

Swooping and glaring, glaring and swooping.

Haha silly girls.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I find it easier to clean the cages with the birds not in them. When my girls are nesty and refuse to leave it is a pain to clean.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I had two quakers :lol: I had to physically have them in a different room if I wanted to clean their cage without being maimed :rofl: Ripley has to be out of his cage for me to clean up his wood chips or he gets protective of his "nest" ;)

NEVRM0RE_

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kaila
Yesss!!! My budgies are alright with paper changes but when they see the vacuum come out they hop on a swing and glare at me from the ceiling. When I start taking perches down they immediately escalate because they know what comes next! I take their cage out of the room for a DEEP clean and they flip and fly around the room like beasts. My lady, also will wreck ONE thing after every deep clean lol usually a toy, occasionally she finds a way to work perches down or...in some state of disarray.