• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cindy (New Rescue)

Status
Not open for further replies.

clawnz

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Clive
Some of you may know Roxy did not make it thorough the operation. She had a prolapse.
R.I.P. Sweety.
Max has been flying around and calling for her. I did pick up her body from the vet and laid it out so that the others could see her and know she would not be flying with them ever again.
There will be differing views on this, but after talking over things with Lyn, we thought it might be better for Max to move on quickly rather than have him stressing. So am fostering a Cinnamon female, Hand Tame and looks to be young. She could be getting her first adult plumage.
I will adopt her if no one comes forward for her. And she fits into our environment.
If I am right she is Cinnamon pied? Please feel free to correct this!

Cindy! At least I think that is going to be her name. Was found 29th January this year, but was not handed into us until two weeks ago. I have posted her as found, on the two sites I list with, but feel it is too late to find her owner.
Saturday was her first night here. She wanted to stay on me. She even flew to me once. She was only here a few hours before she was on my shoulder doing her love dance and cheeping. I think she wants to stay.
Funny how they seem to like it here?
I took her to the large cage the Tiels use as a food bar, and left her to figure that the door was not closed. She settled on the perch outside of the door and stayed there all night.
Reaction! I do not know how it will turn out? Rikki seems to be all right about her. Maybe a little jealous.
The others are cautious and a bit stand offish.
Cindy is not excepted as part of the flock yet. She is settling for the night in the lounge, on one of the small play gyms, about 2mt away from me.
She may not be used to other birds, being Hand Tame and more than likely imprinted on humans.
I feel this will change as she gets used to being here. Natural instincts will kick in and she will become part of the flock. Where Max takes interest or not, I cannot say!
I know he was still crowding Henry and Tinkerbell today. He does seem to have changed to singing, instead of calling (read Screaming, not all the time) for Roxy.

Another day has passed.
Cindy prefers to be with me, her flying is still weak and the others do faze her a bit. She is not sure what to make of Rikki, and gets jumpy when Rikki comes too close.
She has been doing her girly thing a few more times, but to me not Max.
Henry gave Cindy the heart wings and sung to her today. Max, well there maybe the first signs of wanting to get closer. but he is just a bit pushy to them all at the moment. And Cindy has yet to grasp that she is a bird.

At the rescue, then on the way home.

At the computer and cindy being a girl.

Just a couple of shots I got on her first full day.

Sunnyside

Real Name
Janice
Wow! She is beautiful!!! Perfect feathers and that crest, oh my :heart:. I hope she and Max become buddies.

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Aw, how wonderful, Clive — I hope she is accepted as part of the flock and Max takes to her. :) She does look to be a Cinnamon Pied, and a gorgeous one at that! :heart:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
she sure is pretty!!

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Im sorry for Roxy, this little one sure is cute. Theyre gonna be "buds" before you know it.:hug8:

Dana Lee

Real Name
Dana
She is very pretty. :) Yes she looks to be cinnamon pied like my Sydney.

jasminlana

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elsie
gorgeous pics and what a little sweetie

LuvMyAlex

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Rhonda
So sorry about Roxy. :hug8:

Cindy is beautiful, I hope she settles in with the flock and Max finds his new friend.

Sparky04

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kiersten
Cindy's very pretty, hope she settles in quicky! Congrats!:hug8:

Daisy's Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany