• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Check the Store First

Status
Not open for further replies.

birdsafe

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Joe Arbogast
I have found that there are a few online stores out there that still seem to be operating and may take orders, but yet are actually out of business -- two for sure (one we all know about) and another where someone recently said they ordered and heard nothing for a month.

I don't want to mention what the stores are here -- just make sure a store is open by either calling or getting a *prompt* email from them. Many sites will have copyright dates at the bottom of the screen -- they should be the current year -- okay, it's soon 2010 and sometimes it takes web designers a while to remember to change it. But if the date says 2006, I would be suspect. Another thing to check are sale pages -- some of them give a month of the sale -- if it says "April specials" you know something is up!

If a store accepts PayPal, you can always check with them to see if they are still legitimate as well.

TwilightsImprint

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Erica
I completely agree. The store in which the baby kangaroo operates is worthless to mention. Checking up on stores is an absolute must unless they have a good reputation.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Very good advice. Thanks.:)

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thank you Joe, very good advice. I also like to shop with the credit card if I havent shopped at a store before. Much easier to get your money back than with paypal if the deal goes south.

Jan

Stainless Bird Toys @ Blu's Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
I too have been on sites that have like a year or more out of date and makes you wonder if they are really current. Most shopping carts have occassionally updates or update versions so when at least 2 years not showing current year makes you wonder. Some people may not be doing a business but their shopping cart may still be in operation so hopefully those ones who might be like that would have the heart to refund/credit you back if merchandise is no longer available.

Joe - I see you sell Mona Vie, I too as well and love the stuff. YUM! Been on it for almost 2 years now come February. The business side of it, forget it, it's just not happening in my neck of the woods, especially in these harder times!! LOL!!

birdsafe

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Joe Arbogast
Hi Jan -- yes, the Mona Vie is awesome! I went off my prescription meds for arthritis with it! On the business end, it is at least paying for my juice!

I love your graphic with the Pionus -- I have a White Cap -- Max -- he is an awesome bird -- I have a video of his pictures on www.bird-tube.com

Status
Not open for further replies.