• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Check out th is nasty e mail I got in response to a craigslist ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebirdnerds

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jennifer
I 100% disagree. Animals are NOT commodities, people just make them that way. Just like in very poor countries, humans are commodities....
I 100% aggree with you. I don't know about you but I don't have any children and I don't want children, my animals are my children NOT IN ANY WAY a commodity.

And if animals were just a commodity, a good to be sold, why would there be humane law enforcement officers. I don't want to open a can of worms here but you can buy as many decorations or whatever "commodities" for your house as you like and the authorities are not getting envolved. If you have 70 cats people are coming in to take them from you. I think this separates them from commodities.

Last edited:

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John

J*M*L

Real Name
Julie
I sure hope that grey finds a good home. And I hope that lady finds her way out of her misery, for her sake and for her children's. :(

southernbirds

You know, desperate people will do desperate things and also say things. I am not making excuses for her, but although her wording could have been better....I am not walking in her shoes. This is the time of year when we should give a woman in her condition and situation a break.

M

M.C Bird Rescue

You know, desperate people will do desperate things and also say things. I am not making excuses for her, but although her wording could have been better....I am not walking in her shoes. This is the time of year when we should give a woman in her condition and situation a break.
Absolutely NOT! You need money sell your car, sell a ring, necklace, etc. You don't just sell off your beloved pets! These animals do not expect to be shipped off to the first buyer with money, how sad for the poor bird.

I have been in financial trouble and never ONCE did I sell off animals! We have a disabled daughter and we have medical bills, but we deal with it and make it work. There is NO excuse for selling off your companion.

piercesdesigns

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Debbie
BTW guys, I did write her and gave her a few options. She wrote me back and said the grey was being fostered at a friends house, but she was going to call my vet for referrals and I gave her PL's website. She did thank me. I do thnk, when someone is that desperate, being alone, 2 small children, another on the way, you would try to downsize. She just did not word the ad well. It struck chords with us because of the barter situation.

I could not/would not ever do that.

rlkblk

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
barry
BTW guys, I did write her and gave her a few options. She wrote me back and said the grey was being fostered at a friends house, but she was going to call my vet for referrals and I gave her PL's website. She did thank me. I do thnk, when someone is that desperate, being alone, 2 small children, another on the way, you would try to downsize. She just did not word the ad well. It struck chords with us because of the barter situation.

Glad to hear someone close is trying to help this lady out, she definately did not word the ad well, unfortunally the 1st person who comes by with some money or services will probably endup with the bird. poor bird, people sometimes...........

liltweets

Jogging around the block
That's so sad. That makes me cry. Poor little birdy. :( I hope he gets a great home. :(

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez

Your such a wonderful person. :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.