• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Check out th is nasty e mail I got in response to a craigslist ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
gee...this ad was posted by another member and she pm'ed me the link so I could e mail the lady.,...well this is the response I got and makes me wonder if that person deserves to have children or anything at all for that matter... here is the ad and the link dont know if the ad is still there and below is my response...
I saw t his ad in the paper...might I tell you it is very offensive to have your grey, a living thinking sentient being listed as an item....I do hope you find a good home for him...http://greensboro.craigslist.org/bar/1508171676.htmland here is the evil piece of crap's response...mind ur •••• business. This is not the time of year to be judgemental! I am having a baby on Monday, I hv 2 other small children and I am recently separated. I know she is not getting the attention she once was getting so I am making a sacrifice! eh??? !!!!!!!!! she is making a sacrifice that is why she listed the grey as an item...hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

PerfectlyParrot

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kathy
I remember reading that when it was posted before. The line about "bird especially has to go" does not make it sound like she cares one way or the other.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
nope she doesnt sound like a very nice person..sigh...takes all kinds

akijoy

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Monica
She should have figured out that life happens....people have kids, get separated, etc...BEFORE she got her grey...and they are not commodities to be "sacrificed" when the going gets tough.

This kind of stuff happens all too often. People treat these living beings as if they were the latest gadget instead of a lifetime commitment.

Santa needs to bring them a crystal ball for Christmas.

I don't mean to be judgmental. There are circumstances where people have no choice but to rehome their birds. But bartering on CL?!?!?!? noooo.

Last edited:

Archiesmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
I still don't understand how she is making a sacrifice by selling the bird for labor as though it were some sort of inanimate object...?
I mean, clearly I can see the birds sacrifice. Poor thing, what are the chances it will end up in a good home? But you know, we can only hope. If I were anywhere near the area, I would try to convince her to maybe surrender the bird to a rescue so that it can have a chance at a proper life. I don't suspect with that sort of attitude that its home life is very great, either.

Daisy's Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany
I feel soo sorry for that poor bird... :(

Kathy

I love my birds so much that I could not part with them any other way than finding the perfect bird lover who I know will do their best by them. I know circumstances come up and you have to part with beloved pets, I just don't agree with some of the ways folks do it.

BamaBirdMom

Real Name
Janet
I am in Greensboro today. If there was any way I could take it on the plane(I'm already flying my baby girl Livvie) I would go and see if I could buy it.

ThatDarnBird

The ad is horrible, I agree, bad situation. But I have to ask, your email was pretty rude, did you expect a different response? I understand the desire to tell her off but it doesn't help the bird any.

M

M.C Bird Rescue

The ad is horrible, I agree, bad situation. But I have to ask, your email was pretty rude, did you expect a different response? I understand the desire to tell her off but it doesn't help the bird any.

That is true..but...
Animals are NOT commodities!

ThatDarnBird

Animals are NOT commodities!
Not to most people on this board they aren't. But like it or not animals are commodities, whether or not they should be is a whole huge, different arguement. I'm just saying it's not helpful to be rude to the person, it doesn't get anything done.

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
I saw the other post and really think this is sad. I hope this bird find a good home.

Cliffy4ever

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jen
Someone like her doesn't need to be breeding anymore. What an idiot. The bird has more intelligence than her... UGH! "Don't judge me" Yeah, that's why you're in the mess you're in...! UGH!

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
The ad is horrible, I agree, bad situation. But I have to ask, your email was pretty rude, did you expect a different response? I understand the desire to tell her off but it doesn't help the bird any. yes I agree...maybe I did the wrong t hing by doing that...however, it is done now...guess I didnt expect her to react other than rudely but she didnt get it anyway...she still thinks of him as a commodity..whether I was rude or not...and yes, I agree, I should have tried to help in some way...guess knee jerk reactions aren't so good after all..I still hope the bird finds a good home.

piercesdesigns

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Debbie
I have been considering writing and offering to help place him. I cannot have a grey in my house because of my breathing issues, but maybe I could help somehow.

Cliffy4ever

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jen
The ad is horrible, I agree, bad situation. But I have to ask, your email was pretty rude, did you expect a different response? I understand the desire to tell her off but it doesn't help the bird any. yes I agree...maybe I did the wrong t hing by doing that...however, it is done now...guess I didnt expect her to react other than rudely but she didnt get it anyway...she still thinks of him as a commodity..whether I was rude or not...and yes, I agree, I should have tried to help in some way...guess knee jerk reactions aren't so good after all..I still hope the bird finds a good home.
If she really cared she'd have definitely worded it better. Right now all she cares about is herself. People like that don't need birds or kids. The poor thing is just a year old! I pray that the fella gets a good home.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Not to most people on this board they aren't. But like it or not animals are commodities, whether or not they should be is a whole huge, different arguement. I'm just saying it's not helpful to be rude to the person, it doesn't get anything done.
I 100% disagree. Animals are NOT commodities, people just make them that way. Just like in very poor countries, humans are commodities....

Status
Not open for further replies.