Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
- Real Name
It is with great pleasure that I announce the
Celebirdy for the month of June 2023
@Romi 's Charlie
1. How did you acquire your bird?
1. I got him from my dads coworker, she was moving to an estate that didn't allow large parrots so she decided to hand him to us
2. What is your bird's name, species, age and sex?
2. his name is charlie, he's 11 years old and his sex is unknown. We have been referring to charlie as a "him" because that's what his previous owner has said but as far as I am aware, he has not been DNA sexed
3. Does your bird do any special tricks?
3. He does not know any tricks but we are working on step up and recall
4. What are some of your bird's favorite foods?
4. he goes crazy for some mung bean sprouts and carrots
5. What is the funniest thing your bird has done?
5. he was perching onto my hand and decided to swing himself straight onto the floor, I was panicking in the moment but every time I look back at the video, I find it hilarious lol
6. How has your bird enriched your life?
6. he's definitely a handful but it's great to interact with him and take care of him! Charlie does keep me entertained throughout the day with his little antics
7. What would you tell people who are considering this species?
7. make sure to do your RESEARCH and interact with a few before getting one, they are a lifetime commitment and need the best care to stay happy and healthy
8. What is the activity and noise level of your bird?
8. he's extremely destructive, he needs something to shred every single day. Charlie is also very loud, but his screams aren't as frequent as many other parrots.
9. What are some of your bird's quirks?
9. I have a hard time thinking of a quirk... I suppose something unusual that he does is that he likes to talk to himself whenever he thinks that he's alone
10. If your bird talks, what is the most surprising word or sentence it has said?
10. oh my he does "talk" a lot, mainly gibberish but he does say a few words which can be somewhat understood. I think what I found the most surprising and impressive is that he can whistle! and it's good
11. What is your bird’s favorite treat?
11. he LOVES nuts, more specifically walnut!