• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Celebirdy of the Month/June 2011-ELLA!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marlene

Welcome to the neighborhood!
Real Name
Marlene
It is such an honor to announce the Celebirdy for the month of June 2011, the beautiful, sweet, lovable, adorable ELLA.:swoon:

:loveshower::loveshower::loveshower::loveshower::loveshower:
:thewave::thewave:
:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Here is what Elsie had to say about her baby.:kiss2:

1. How did you aquire your bird?
I was looking for an African Grey and saw an ad inadvertently listed in with the cages on craigslist. The ad was for a plucker who was sweet and loveable and it just tugged at my heart strings. The lady who had her just didn't know what to do to help her. She was naked of feathers and bandaged. She was only 10 mins away and I just had to go get her. She was so very sweet and loving right from the beginning and she said Hello and stepped right up for me. She needed help and I just couldn't leave her.

2. What is your birds name, age and sex?
Her name is Ella. I was told she is approximately 4 yrs old. I don't know for certain. She's a female goffin cockatoo.

3. Does your bird do any special tricks?
Does make you love her count? She is very affectionate. She says hello, hello birdy, night night and Hola. She will sometimes squawk loud and repeatedly until you come to the cage, then she says Hello. She does this at night sometimes. The Hello always gets me and I always melt over and over again when I hear that sweet little voice. You know the saying, "You had me at Hello."

4. What are some of your birds favorite foods?
Well she came eating only seeds, peanuts and corn, but now her favorites snacks are almonds, cashews, and safflower seeds. She loves her oatmeal in the morning with either sweet potato or fresh fruits. At night she loves brown rice with chopped veggies. She loves Higgins Wordly Cuisines. Millet is a favorite and she also loves birdie bread.

5. What is the funniest thing your bird has done?
Climb down from the cage and leave the bedroom looking for me with my husband yelling out, " Get the bird, she just walked out the room." My husband's snoring is enough to make any woman leave (lol)

6. How has your bird enriched your life?
Ella is such a joy. She is just very loving and affectionate. She has brought me and my girls a little closer. We all look out after her. She has also taught us that real beauty radiates from inside.

7. What would you tell people who are considering this species?
If you want a bird you can really bond with, get a goffin cockatoo. They want to be with you. They want to please you. They really want to be your best friend.

8. What is the activity and noise level of your bird?
Ella is very active. For a little bird she can really get around. She is very good at climbing in and around the cage. She has learned to play independently and now likes to play with different toys. She can be loud at times. She has a loud squawk for a little bird, but she really doesn't make a lot of noise. She will squawk a few times if you forget about her breakfast or dinner time. She may squawk at night a few times when you turn the lights out but usually if you say Night Night and cover the cage she is quiet. She doesn't even squawk in the morning. She normally waits for me to come uncover the cage. So she doesn't nonstop squawk for no reason.

9. What are some of your birds quirks?
She loves to wear clothes and she really loves her ponchos. She doesn't like you to touch the poncho. That's a no no. If you hold it up for her she will put her head in. What can I say she is a fashion diva. She doesn't even chew up her ponchos or put holes in them. Really she thinks she's a birdie supermodel. Hey, if Janice Dickinson is a self proclaimed "worlds first supermodel, then Ella says she is the worlds first birdie supermodel.

10. If your bird talks, what is the most surprising word or sentence it has said?
Hola. I swear she said that one day. And sometimes we look out in the backyard together. I have been feeding the wild birds for about 5 yrs or more and we get a lot of bird traffic. Sometimes when we see the birds fly by she says birdie. And I say Yes, Ella, a birdie.

11. What is your bird’s favorite treat?
She loves safflower seeds. That's her favorite I think. She gets a handful every night before bedtime.

Attachments

Meatball

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
:cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:

YAY Ella!!!!!!!!!! You are such a sweetie!!!:heart:

Elsie you have done such a wonderful job with her, she is so lucky to have you!!

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
It is just awesome to have Ella receive this award. Elsie, your interview is delightful and your love for Ella lights up the neighborhood every time you post about her!

Attachments

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
:heart:Ella.

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
Wonderful interview! Elsie you are a wonderful parront and Ella is so blessed to have you!

:heart:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
I agree with Marie! Go Ella, you are the greatest!:dancing: I just love her and she can always make you smile. :)I so enjoyed the interview. Nice to know a little bit more about Ella, and told so well by Elsie. Your love for her really shows. :hug8:The angels must have brought you two together.

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Big congrats to Ella and Elsie!! :dance4:
Ella has wrapped her little talons around our hearts. Elsie you are so wonderful with her, thank you for the wonderful interview!

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
The universe surely got it right when she matched you two. :heart: You were meant to be, no question.

jasminlana

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elsie
Thank you for naming Ella Celebirdy of the month. And Ella thanks you too from the bottom of her little heart.

She is such a joy and I can see a tremendous difference in her. When she first came she just stood on the rim of the food bowl. That was where she was in the picture that was sent to me also. Now, she has such spirit and personality. You can see it on her face. Her inner spirit just shines.

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yay Ella!! Congrats to the true Beauty Queen of AA! Ella is so very special to all of us!

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
It's Ella!!!! :cheer:
Congratulations!!! She's such a fashionista!!!! :loveshower:

Kathie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kathie
Congratulations, Ella and Elsie!! We all love that little girl, and we love you too!

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
you know, I actually started to cry when I saw that Ella was named Celebirdy of t he Month..then after I read the interview..well here I am like a stupid old fool crying my brains out..andsoooooooooooooooooo h appy that Y ou saw her picture and soooooooooo happy that you took her into your home..a match made in heaven....Ella :heart: and Elsie :heart: a match made in heaven.

Kathie

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kathie
you know, I actually started to cry when I saw that Ella was named Celebirdy of t he Month..then after I read the interview..well here I am like a stupid old fool crying my brains out..andsoooooooooooooooooo h appy that Y ou saw her picture and soooooooooo happy that you took her into your home..a match made in heaven....Ella :heart: and Elsie :heart: a match made in heaven.
I was right there with you, Anne!

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Wonderful interview, congrats!! :dance4:

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
congratulations Ella you little sweetie pie

Skyler

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
Oh Ella, you had us all at Hello:heart:

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Love her to pieces!!! And God Bless you Elise.

Ginger

Archiesmom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
Perfect choice!
:yah: Ella!

magni

Hit the Road