• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Celebirdy of the Month/December 2010, Magni's (Denise) Henry!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marlene

Welcome to the neighborhood!
Real Name
Marlene
It is my great pleasure to introduce the Celebirdy for the Month of December, Henry. :christmas3::christmas3:

Here is what Henry's mommy had to say about him.:starshower::starshower:

1. How did you aquire your bird?
I was first introduced to HH's through AA. I saw pictures of Jill's and read her write up she did on the HH. I was so taken by them that I read what ever I could find on the internet. As I was gathering information on the HH, I saw a few more people had them on AA. I was so taken I had to have one, so I asked Jill and she told me about Henry. Henry came from OWA, Scott is a wonderful breeder. Henry is a brother to Jill's Cash, but a later clutch. Henry was waiting for someone to adopt him, he was 10 months old when I got him. Henry is my baby.

2. What is your birds name, age and sex?
His name is Henry and it fits him. He is very proud and demanding. Henry is 1 year and 5 months and he is a male. All the girls here love him.

3. Does your bird do any special tricks?
We have done some clicker training with him for skate boarding and a scooter. He is just starting to put some puzzles together[with my help of treats] He really loves his food.

4. What are some of your birds favorite foods?
OH BOY! Henry loves everything. For fruit he likes oranges and apples, cooked food of all kinds. He loves all italian food, pizza the most. Henry also loves hamburgers and chicken. For veggies he loves snow peas and carrots.He demands his eggs in the morning and his oatmeal If I don't have his eggs ready, I am in big trouble. spoiled boy.

5. What is the funniest thing your bird has done?
With Henry we have a lot of funny stories. But the funniest is when my husband Ron went to take a shower in the morning and Henry flew in without him noticing. While he was washing his hair and soap was in his eyes, Henry decided he wanted to join in. All at once he did his screeching sound and flared, he started to swing on the shower bar. If anyone has an HH they might know what I mean when I say he swings and lunges screeching, but is all play. Now Ron was not fully awake so it scared him to the point that he grabbed the shower curtain and it fell down and here is Henry in his face playing. Of course I knew what was happening so I waited and the door opens and Henry flies out and starts eating his eggs. Ron comes out with his robe on and a big poop on it. Ron looked at Henry eating, then said "The shower needs a new curtain". Henry loves to sneak in showers. Of course I new this, but I am not telling.:hehe:

6. How has your bird enriched your life?
Henry has done so much for us. He has taught us how to laugh again and play.There is never a dull moment in our house. When something happens we ask where is Henry. Henry has taught us to take care of ourselves, he is so in tune with us also. Sad days he sits against your neck and licks you and he will do this clicking sound as a way to talk. He is very special.

7. What would you tell people who are considering this species?
I would say they are truly amazing to have. HH's are so special, you have to see it to believe it. They are very sensitive and loving and full of life.

8. What is the activity and noise level of your bird?
Henry can get loud when he does his call but other than that he is not too loud. He chats to the other birds by clicking and will copy the other sounds the birds make but he can be very quiet. But quiet doesn't mean he isn't thinking of what he can get into.

9. What are some of your birds quirks?
Henry loves to fly and touch your head a little or he will fly and pretend to land on your face and he will pull up all at once. He loves to take keyboards apart, he loves to sit on your shoulder and lick your face and ear till you give him attention. Another thing he will do is climb on your lap and roll over, as if to say let's play! All cute stuff.

10. If your bird talks, what is the most surprising word or sentence it has said?
Henry doesn't talk with words but he talks by clicking. We have had a lot of conversations by clicking.

11. What is your bird’s favorite treat?
Nutriberries. If we don't hide them he will break the package open.

I typed this interview with a keyboard that Henry has taken apart so if anything is spelled wrong or anything else. IT'S HENRY'S FAULT

Attachments

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
Henry is a doll congratulations

avianantics

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Shelly Wing
Henry sounds like quite the charmer.

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Big congrats! Henry is a fantastic recipient for the CMA Award!

Attachments

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Denise what a wonderful interview! I enjoyed learning more about Henry, he sounds like a little stinker!:hug8:Congratulations Henry and Denise!

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Great interview Denise!! Congrats to you and Henry! He is truly a very handsome, special guy!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Congratulations! I enjoyed reading the interview as well.

Matt

Ranyart

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pennie
Congrats - I enjoyed Henry's interview.

magni

Hit the Road
Real Name
Denise
Thanks everyone, we have so much fun with Henry:hug8:

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Ooooooh I so loved hearing about Henry!!! :heart:

Congratulations!!! :cheer:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
congratulatons Denise and Henry is BEYOND gorgeo us...fantastic interview

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Congrats. Even though Henry is a HH, I think he and Truely went to the same academy. :naughty:

Ginger

Archiesmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
Congratulations!!! :D :D

Daisy's Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran