• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Celebirdy of the Month/August 2011 MIKEY (Daisy's Mom)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marlene

Welcome to the neighborhood!
Real Name
Marlene
Hi roadies! Please join me and congratulate MIKEY!
He has been chosen as Celebirdy for the month of
August, 2011
:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

1. How did you aquire your bird?
I wasn't even looking to add a new bird but this one day I just happened to have been surfing thru petfinders and I noticed Mikey and it said that he was missing his toes on one foot.. And that he was just over at our local dog/cat animal shelter... So the next day I went over with my parents to just bring him some food, treats, toys, etc and ya know the minute I saw him I fell in love... I just had to have him!! So after I filled out the paperwork, they wheeled Mikey out to the front reception area. Well there must have been about 30 cats in cages and they all stared at my baby... Then someone tried to be funny and yelled 'Cockatiel Hell' yeah ok I have a sense of humor as well..

2. What is your birds name, age and sex?
His name is Mikey… My little nicknames for him are Mikey poo or Loverboy.. I adopted him on November 14, 2009... Unfortunately, I have no idea of how old he is; as all I was told by the animal shelter was that his previous owner had dementia and that her daughter brought him into the shelter and all she knew about Mikey was his name and that he lost his toes in a carpet accident.. He hasn't been DNA'd but my CAV seems to think Mikey is a male. And he is a adorable white-faced cockatiel.

3. Does your bird do any special tricks?
This is pretty funny.. When he wants you to back off, he does this sort of a honking noise… Who knew a tiel could honk? It kinda sounds like a Uh-Oh!!

4. What are some of your birds favorite foods?
Mikey is a pretty good eater.. He loves his brown rice, couscous, quinoa, sweet potatoes, carrots, broccoli. He also enjoys some fruits which I’m told is unusual for a cockatiel.. He enjoys strawberries and melons especially on a hot day..

5. What is the funniest thing your bird has done?
Mikey has a habit of sticking his little beak up my nose… I don’t know why he does this but always has…

6. How has your bird enriched your life?
Oh my, my Mikey has enriched my life in so many ways.. He has taught me that adopting a birdie thru a animal shelter is such a rewarding experience... He is my constant little buddy and is always just soo sweet and all around such a happy little guy… And being that he is missing some toes, he certainly doesn’t act like he is special needs birdie that’s for sure. He is my inspiration and has made me want to be a better parront… I have learned so much about him when he got sick. I couldn’t imagine my life without him. There is never a dull moment in the house that’s for sure..

7. What would you tell people who are considering this species?
I would tell them to adopt them as they are my favorite species.. They are soo sweet and lovable..

8. What is the activity and noise level of your bird?
Mikey noise level I’d say he is about a 6 on a scale of 1 to 10.. His activity level is improving since he is feeling better. He loves to fly around although he gets out of breathe easy.. We just take things one day at a time..

9. What are some of your birds quirks?
When Mikey is in his cage and I have closed it for the night, he loves to bang his beak against the cage.. He has done this since Day 1. And he also loves to sit on the top of the back of the couch and either look out the window or run back and forth..

10. If your bird talks, what is the most surprising word or sentence it has said?
When I’m in the other room and he thinks he is alone.. He says things and it sounds like he is having a conversation by himself but I have no clue of what he is saying...

11. What is your bird’s favorite treat?
Nutriberries and nuts are his favorites.. But if you got a bag of chips or pretzels around he’ll fly right onto your shoulder and try to lean towards the bag to get a nibble..

Attachments

Last edited:

mrstweet

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Amanda
Mikey is handsome and thank you for rescuing him. :heart: I loved your interview!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Congratulations! He is very pretty!

Matt

Skyler

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
I :heart: Mikey and what a wonderful story.

Bridgette

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bridgette
Congrats!! Mikey is a sweetheart :heart::heart::heart:

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
Congrats! :dance4::dance4::dance4:

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
Mikey is a very nice looking bird. he sure looks healthy with great feathering. Nice to meet the two of you.

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
Mikey is beautiful!!! Congratulations and thanks for the great interview!

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Congratulations!!!! :cheer:

65sunnyday

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
April, aka 'SUNNY'
Lovely bird, lovely story--I love to read birdie rescue stories. CONGRATULATIONS:heart:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
congratulations..what a wonderful interview and story..he is one handsome dude....

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Little Mikey is one of the most adorable Cockatiel’s I have ever seen, he is such a ham! :heart: Really enjoyed your interview, congratulations to you and Mikey. :hug8:

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Congratulations Mikey!!:dance4:

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Tiffany I had no idea about Mikey's background. So glad you took him in and gave him a wonderful home. Congrats to both of you! :dance4:

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
A beautiful story! Mikey is truly special! Congrats!

ArloDuncan

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Steve
Congratulations Tiffany I love that your Mikey got chosen as this months Celebirdy!! :) and Loved your interview!!!!

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
:heart: him. And you. Congrats.

Ginger

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Congratulations to you and Mikey for getting this award! I enjoyed your interview and learning more about your special little guy.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.