• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cataract (white water on his eyes)

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
Resources for avian vets, you can reach out and they may be able to support you remotely with consult.

Excerpt:.
  • Long Beach Animal Hospital – Tel. 1-562-434-9966 – www.lbah.com/
  • Madonna Livingstone, The Ark Vet Clinic, LTD Coatbridge: 01236 432448 coatbridge@arkvetclinic.co.uk, 479-481 Main Street, Coatbridge, ML5 3RD
  • Brian Speer—California, USA Medical Center for Birds, Oakley, 1983, 925-625-1878, 3810 main St., Oakley, CA. www.medicalcenterforbirds.com (Vet recommended)
  • Long Beach Animal Hospital – website: Long Beach Animal Hospital Homepage… The following veterinarians work with people from countries where there is no vet, particularly the Asian countries
    • William Ridgeway
    • Claudine Seto
    • Alexis Yamamoto
  • Jaime Samour, UAE, Abu Dhabi, recommended by avian vet for anybody in the mid-east. jaimesamour@hotmail.com
  • Wrsan Farm, P.O. Box 77338, Abu Dhabi, UAE. Phone: 0097125638862. Fax: 009125638827
  • Susan Orosz, Ohio, USA, Bird and Exotic Pet Wellness Center, Toledo 1984 AAV conventions/certifications, lecturer, excellent (recommended by group members and my avian vet) Phone : (419) 843-3137, 5166 Monroe St. Suite 306, Toledo , OH 43623
  • Robert Wagner, ABVP, Vet. North Boros Veterinarian Hospital, 2255 Babcock Boulevard, Pittsburgh, PA 15237, Exotics Consultants, Pittsburg, 1981 (recommended by my avian vet). 412-821-5600, North Boros Veterinary Hospital. This clinic and Dr. Wagner do consultations
  • Marcellus Buerkle, Germany. He is now an independent consultant, although he does work out of an office. Bird consulting International, Achern, Gemany, 49-7841-6656873 (Phone) – +49-174-2102275 (Mobile) 1999 (recommended by members) He does home visits and office visits. This is his most recent information: Bird Consulting

Last edited:

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
And I'm worried about nutrition.. because lack of certain nutrition and vitamins can affect eyes. Cause white spots

What is your feeding formula for your baby?

Mustafa

Moving in
Real Name
Mustafa
Its look like wires
By actually its goes insid the wood so no need to woory about it

Mustafa

Moving in
Real Name
Mustafa
A
And I'm worried about nutrition.. because lack of certain nutrition and vitamins can affect eyes. Cause white spots

I bought him when he was 1 week old and he was already has the Cataract i try to return him to the buyer and take another baby but he said he gonna kill him and give me another one
So i kept him
And i buy all my food from the vet with Protein, Calcium and Vitamins drops on the food

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
A

I bought him when he was 1 week old and he was already has the Cataract i try to return him to the buyer and take another baby but he said he gonna kill him and give me another one
So i kept him
And i buy all my food from the vet with Protein, Calcium and Vitamins drops on the food
I'm glad you decided to keep him. He looks very cute.
How many weeks is he now?
When did the vet see him?

WillowQ

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
I did not see that bit about him closing the affected eye. That concerns me, too, and sounds more like some sort of infection. Can you call the vet you saw, or go back to him?
Did the eye drops help at all? When he was getting the drops, did the eye look any better? Or did he keep it open more?

WillowQ

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak

Only one eye is affected. I am wondering if some trauma could have caused cataract?

I would return to the prescribing vet and tell him the eye is still white, and the bird is closing the eye. I am wondering if there is a stubborn infection in the eye that needs a longer treatment. If the bird is only three weeks old you can’t have been giving him eyedrops very long.

No one can know without seeing your bird and taking a bacterial culture of that eye, if necessary, to determine if he’s got an infection. You cannot buy an antibiotic to fix an eye infection. It must be treated by drops or ointment, which you have.

Why don’t you bring him back to your veterinarian? If you finished the eye drops but his eye still hurts, perhaps he needs to continue them, or have a new eye treatment.

Last edited:

Mustafa

Moving in
Real Name
Mustafa
I did not see that bit about him closing the affected eye. That concerns me, too, and sounds more like some sort of infection. Can you call the vet you saw, or go back to him?
Did the eye drops help at all? When he was getting the drops, did the eye look any better? Or did he keep it open more?
He just kept it open more he was closing his eye always we didnt know he has the white spot untill the vet saw him

Mustafa

Moving in
Real Name
Mustafa
Only one eye is affected. I am wondering if some trauma could have caused cataract?

I would return to the prescribing vet and tell him the eye is still white, and the bird is closing the eye. I am wondering if there is a stubborn infection in the eye that needs a longer treatment. If the bird is only three weeks old you can’t have been giving him eyedrops very long.

No one can know without seeing your bird and taking a bacterial culture of that eye, if necessary, to determine if he’s got an infection. You cannot buy an antibiotic to fix an eye infection. It must be treated by drops or ointment, which you have.

Why don’t you bring him back to your veterinarian? If you finished the eye drops but his eye still hurts, perhaps he needs to continue them, or have a new eye treatment.
I took a new drops 3 days ago but i still worry he may never heals
We dont a very good vets in my city and i cant go to the Capital in this month
I am using the new drops and i will see if there any improve for his eye

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
The vets I shared...offer their services to help people who don't have access to vets in their country. I'd contact them. ... It might be low cost or free.

We want to help. It's just there isn't anything I can offer. Especially without a diagnosis.

We want your baby to do great !