• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cat wheel?

Feather

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Curious if anyone here has a running wheel for their cat. I've been looking into them recently and am considering getting one for my kitty. Interested to hear any thoughts or feedback from anyone who has one! :run: Get those zoomies out...

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I do not, mostly because I have no idea where I would put it! My house is too small lol

NightOwls

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Want one - also no room for it. The cats have to settle for running form one side of the house to the other.

taxidermynerd

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
I don't have a cat, and I don't know much about cat wheels, but I know a YouTube channel I follow built one for their cat, so here's that. (Do note it's more of a diy/building video than an informative video about cats)

Destiny

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Destiny
That YouTube video is the only reason I know about cat wheels. It sounds like it took quite a bit of effort to train their cat to use the wheel, but she did eventually do it ... for the treats.

Evan and Katelyn are such adorable people. Watching them build toys for their cat is good for my soul.

Feather

Avenue Veteran
:angry::car:

Well, damn. On my way to work on Christmas Eve, the check engine light on my car blinked on after only driving about a block. I turned right around and got a ride to work instead.
Took it into the auto shop yesterday, and bye-bye cat wheel savings. :sad3:

Ah well. I'm glad I had been setting my pennies aside or this would have hurt a lot more. Back to square one. :sigh: