• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cardboard used in shipping

Sweet Louise

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
Is it safe to use cardboard used in shipping as a shredding toy for parrots? I typically do not, however… the pieces below were internal/inside the box. No tape or glue to keep it in place. Web site says cardboard is sourced domestically. The table it held in place is made of marine grade polymer.
I want to make sure I only use safe materials. I have purchased similar in small squares from toy part dealers, but in small squares.
Thank you

Attachments

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I do :) I love when they send me those! Basically as long as it hasn't been transporting among chemicals, I usually use it!

CeciliaZ

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
I have used them for my tiels - they love them. I wish I could order them as a toy part. I think the ones I had were even thicker.

Spearmint

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elk [He/They]
I have used them for my tiels - they love them. I wish I could order them as a toy part. I think the ones I had were even thicker.
I think i've seen some on sites. Honeycomb cardboard or something? I might be wrong though.

CeciliaZ

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
@Spearmint Thank you. I did not know what they were called - so I did not know what to search for! I received them as packaging material from something I ordered online. I place them in the birdroom above a window where my tiels love to perch. It gives them something to chew on instead of the wall or trim around the window.

Sweet Louise

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
Cool, thank you. I’ll figure a good bird use! They will love it.