• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Canary on one leg

FiatLux

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Isabelle (she/her)
Francois is standing on one leg only today. I don’t know of any injuries. He was in his cage for the last two days (usually he is out every morning) because we had too much going on to make sure all doors would stay closed. Is this an urgent issue? He’s flying normally, landing ok. A0BCF72A-7227-479B-BF70-44AD614190A4.jpeg E408E282-0EE0-4466-85D3-109577D1E642.jpeg

FiatLux

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Isabelle (she/her)
Francois is standing on one leg only today. I don’t know of any injuries. He was in his cage for the last two days (usually he is out every morning) because we had too much going on to make sure all doors would stay closed. Is this an urgent issue? He’s flying normally, landing ok. View attachment 403730 View attachment 403731
just spoke to our avian vet and she said to just monitor for a few days as long as there is no visible redness nor swelling and he’s eating. I think he may have pulled a string from his partial cage cover —perhaps hurt his leg that way? I’ll keep watching to see.

FiatLux

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Isabelle (she/her)
No change. Francois is flying and eating but still only standing on his right leg. I saw a dark red tiny round bump on one toe of his injured leg. Any thoughts on what I can do to help him heal? Thank you.