• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Can my new budgie be sick?

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
Praying that your little one will be Ok!:hug8::hug8::hug8:

Sylvi_

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
I hope he's feeling better, he sure is a cutie!
Sending hugs and positive thoughts.
:hug8:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
How is he doing today?

cicerothebird

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Sarah
How is he doing today?
He's getting more comfortable in his cage, he's engaging with his toys and his mineral stone for the first time and I didn't see him breathing from his mouth but in the night he still has some problems with breathing as far as I can hear. I bought millets, they sould arrive tomorrow and I started putting drops of honey&lemon in his water so hope they'll help! I am trying to find a car (a friend who has a car) to take him to vet now, I'll take him as soon as I find one, hopefully really soon!!

cicerothebird

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Sarah
UPDATE:

Convinced my mum to take the taxi and we went to the closest animal hospital for a check up, and he got an all clear!! They said he looks fine and said I should buy vitamin EADC or Avisol + & Avimec anti-parasites and put a drop into his water each 2-3 days for a week then stop the anti-parasites and continue with vitamins. I also got my spray millet he seems to like them :)

*Sad thing is I think I'm allergic to spray millet, whenever I hold them it's giving me the worst itch. I'm using gloves :D

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo

PamelaML

Checking out the neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pamela Myers-Lewis
Your boy is beautiful!! And he looks good in the photo; I'm glad to learn he's doing better. The only thing I wanted to emphasize was to keep him warm whenever he starts fluffing up and acting ill. Good luck with your little fella!

cicerothebird

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Sarah
Good news! I'm glad he's fine. I'm a little surprised though about the anti-parasites meds. Are you in the U.S.? I don't think that's typically done. But I don't have budgies...

@WeasleyLover ? @MyAussieFriends ? @gibsongrrrl ?
I'm in Turkey, I think it's common here.

Your boy is beautiful!! And he looks good in the photo; I'm glad to learn he's doing better. The only thing I wanted to emphasize was to keep him warm whenever he starts fluffing up and acting ill. Good luck with your little fella!
I have a comfy blankie that I've given to him I put that over his cage :)

I've never had to use it. @cicerothebird did they do any testing of his droppings and find parasties or any bloodwork or was this just a physical exam?
No, they didn't do any internal tests like blood or droppings. He checked his eyes, beak, throat, feet and wings and he said he's probably stressed and he looks fine not ill or anything. I asked if he thinks he has air sac mites cause that was what I was worried about and he said he can't see any sings. I guess he gave the parasite meds because I was worried about that. I only have vitamins though I couldn't find anti-parasites in the pet shop I went to.