• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Can anyone say OMG :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarmieJo

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Carmie
Might be OK for a travel cage. But for everyday? No way!

KimKimWilliamson

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
AARGGH! I can't even beleive there isnt some grading system ALL pet products have to pass in order to be safe to sell on the market - We make sure peoples well being is regulated, why not pets??
And what retailer would condone this? Horrible really. Its just the problem Im facing right now while trying to find a decent sized IRN cage, with the appropriate bar spacing - Every where I go the store clerk tries to sell me something slightly larger than a Gerbil cage! Yeesh!

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
It's all about money, that's it. Shame people are stupid enough to make them let alone sell them, same with stupid round cages.

Artagiel

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Haley
It's all about money, that's it. Shame people are stupid enough to make them let alone sell them, same with stupid round cages.
If it is about money you would think that making a larger cage with appropriate perches would be better, they could charge more and market more add ons that are bird safe and friendly. Anyone who researches their pet ends up spending way more I think than those little cages, heck my toy budget alone is ridiculous and I don't even have destructive birds(most of the wear and tear on my bird toys comes from cleaning them >.<), I just always see something cute and fun that they might get a kick out of.

Perhaps we should all write to the companies and explain why we do not like the cages and how it would be better for them and the birds if they marketed something more appropriate?

I think a lot of the companies have no idea about the animals they are making stuff for, prehaps if they get enough feedback about what the consumers like and would purchase they will change.

I just read the "Knocks down for storage" part....um....when will they be planning on storing it? The tiels lifespan is 15-20 years....odds are that itty little plastic thing will be cracked and in the rubbish long before it comes time to be out of use.

Last edited:

Brigidt36

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Brigid Thompson
they would be good for maybe a travel cage, but that's it. I'd hate to see a poor bird spend a lifetime in a cage like that :(

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
First time birdowners walking into a chain petstore wouldnt know this isnt appropriate :( Maybe we should all contact the manufacturer and complain. Who makes this cage?

SDavies

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
vile! like a plastic cheap fish tank

birdlover82

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
:omg: I know! I saw one of those horrible cages the other day in Petco and couldn't believe it was being marketed for a cockatiel.
I agree with contacting Super Pet and seeing what we as a community can do to change how things are done. You never know if you don't try.

Daisy's Mom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany
How sad to think of a poor cockatiel stuck in that awful cage everyday :( And yeah new bird person would see "cockatiel cage" and would just buy it because of that. Sadly not knowing that there are much better choices for their baby. Its a shame that there is no bird cage regulator or something.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
I think all small cages should be outlawed...

Emmilyy

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
GAHHH!

my only reaction.

luvsgreys

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Stephanie
:( :mad: That's not even really appropriate for a finch or canary..not enough flying space...sad..

Stevo

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Stephen
My pet rock is in a better cage than that... :(
You have a cage-free Zon and yet feel the need to cage a poor, defenceless, rock... Shame on you!! :whack:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Babybreau

Real Name
Tanya
For a sleep cage perhaps....

I saw them advertised in this month's Bird Talk magazine too...

I admit I like the look of them - just not the size...

Perhaps for a single canary or pair of finches??? Certainly nothing larger!!!!

Jally

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sherry
I'm pretty sure those are Vision cages and those perches are standard in a Vision cage. But, yeah, that cage is pathetic! :(

Artagiel

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Haley
Plastic parts on cages make me make the yuck face anyway, I remember breaking hamster cages trying to clean them as a child because the darn things were made so cheap.

ronsig

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sigrid
Unfortunately, that is not even the worst cage out there.
And as long as people buy them, they will be offered. Of course, first time owner think they are ok since they are being sold.
I need a small cage for transporting a bird to the vet.
I have several in my basement. My birds came in them from their previous owners.:(

Sigrid

Status
Not open for further replies.