• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Can anybody have idea about it

Maddys

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Nagarjuna
My bird milky looks very week nowadays, she's four year old, she lost weight, and I lately observed her legs, it is very lean. She usually be very quiet from the beginning, and she lost her mate 5months ago.. she reduced her daily taking meal by that time.. we don't have right vet here for little birds. I'm form India. It she trouble with any problems inside her?? Can anybody say something.

Attachments

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
20 grams is quite small even for a budgie.

You can try offering pellets, a little walnut, a little tofu and other foods like that to help gain some weight however if there is an underlying illness, I doubt it will help.
Birds that lose a lot of weight should always see a vet. Can you reach out to some bird breeders (any parrots) and ask if they have contacts they use for vet care?

edit to add;
Your birds nails are a little long, they could do with a file.
Also, the cages look quite bare. Are they where your birds are housed? Could you add some more enrichment? More natural branch perches, some natural foliage to forage through and other foraging activities can help increase birds wellbeing.
If you are going to use things from trees outside, be sure they are bird safe (a simpe google search will tell you) and also that no pesticides were used on them.

Maddys

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Nagarjuna

You can try offering pellets, a little walnut, a little tofu and other foods like that to help gain some weight however if there is an underlying illness, I doubt it will help.
Birds that lose a lot of weight should always see a vet. Can you reach out to some bird breeders (any parrots) and ask if they have contacts they use for vet care?

edit to add;
Also, the cages look quite bare. Are they where your birds are housed? Could you add some more enrichment? More natural branch perches, some natural foliage to forage through and other foraging activities can help increase birds wellbeing.
If you are going to use things from trees outside, be sure they are bird safe (a simpe google search will tell you) and also that no pesticides were used on them.
They use cages for sleep only, all birds are tammed, I have seperate room for birds, due to security reasons I place them back to the cage at nights. Yes, I feed them seed mix, sprouts, green leaves, walnut not on a daily basis. She use to have very good weight, she lost weight recently.

Maddys

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Nagarjuna

edit to add;

This is her video before,.

orphansparrow

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Cara
She's a very beautiful little thing. I'm sorry she has lost so much weight.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
You can create a clean cage with toys, swings and other safe toys for a play cage. She is most likely bored without her mate. You need to enrich her life more. Make a forging box with little toys and treats. She may also have fun with a mirror!

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
She is a love, and seems Xtra small to begin with.
You can offer boiled or scrambled egg. And a little fresh corn cut from the cob , that will have some Xtra calories. Sprouts some seed, offer as soon as starts to have a tail and you can offer older more grown sprouts to.

When you feed her play with her food and visit with her . Might encourage more eating

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Be careful feeding fresh corn because it has a high carb content. @Mizzely may have some more ideas for your bird to gain weight.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Most of what everyone else has said is what I would recommend :) Whatever she is eating and enjoying I would try to offer more of just to get some calories into her. Seeds and sprouts perhaps?

You could also try to wet pellets and offer on a spoon, or pureed vegetables/fruit, maybe with a bit of soft tofu or almond butter mixed in. Quinoa is also a good healthy seed grain that a lot of birds seem to like.

Maddys

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Nagarjuna
You can create a clean cage with toys, swings and other safe toys for a play cage. She is most likely bored without her mate. You need to enrich her life more. Make a forging box with little toys and treats. She may also have fun with a mirror!
She doesn't like to stay at cage, she most of her day spend our of the cage, she has chosen 3-4 spots around the room, she liked to stay only there .

Maddys

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Nagarjuna
Most of what everyone else has said is what I would recommend :) Whatever she is eating and enjoying I would try to offer more of just to get some calories into her. Seeds and sprouts perhaps?

You could also try to wet pellets and offer on a spoon, or pureed vegetables/fruit, maybe with a bit of soft tofu or almond butter mixed in. Quinoa is also a good healthy seed grain that a lot of birds seem to like.
Yes . I feed by birds everything, seed mix, spouts, nuts, green leaves, every. she's four year old, and I don't experience this kind of issue before,

Birdie Mama

Mayor of the Avenue
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Maybe someone at a zoo or university may have ideas if they have courses or areas dealing with birds, they may be able to refer you to someone even if it’s only for an online consult at this point.

' All the best to you both, she is such a little sweetie. , :heart:

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Do you feed sweet potato cooked? Has lots of nutrients.

if you don’t want a play cage then create a play area where she can land. We have good ideas from experienced bird people. You seem resistant to these ideas so I will bow out.

orphansparrow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Cara
Yes, I wonder if there is a nearby zoo or parrot breeder you can ask help from? Maybe somewhere online where you can send her poop to be tested? Or an at-home test? Something like this:

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
Any change in poops?
Are her tail feathers always short? Budgies can be weird when it comes to PBFD they live with it very well most times , with no visible feather issues, or just short tails , loosing, breaking tail feathers , and sometimes flights.
But if you bred them , you can have sudden death in chicks

Maddys

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Nagarjuna
Any change in poops?
Are her tail feathers always short? Budgies can be weird when it comes to PBFD they live with it very well most times , with no visible feather issues, or just short tails , loosing, breaking tail feathers , and sometimes flights.
But if you bred them , you can have sudden death in chicks
Her tail is like that only.. she has very short tail, she has pointing spick feathers overs her head, I think she can't make it loss by herself, by the same time she don't allow other birds to do it. She has no feather problem. There is no change in poops infact

Maddys

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Nagarjuna
Do you feed sweet potato cooked? Has lots of nutrients.

if you don’t want a play cage then create a play area where she can land. We have good ideas from experienced bird people. You seem resistant to these ideas so I will bow out.
I tried but she doesn't like to eat sweet potato..

My birds. I don't keep them in cages. I have play schoolfor them but recently they destroyed it. I will take new one. I keep my birds in cage only for sleep. And I don't know how to stop, but my birds like to stay on door curtains.