• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Camera Peeps, help with Dogs Milky Eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
Yes, I use the photo shop paintbrush and just choose the color of the darkest spot of the eye and then use the brush to paint it on. I do that for my Pekes pictures all the time because he has scarring on his eyeballs and it is distracting:) In that picture that you posted though, I think Dirk looks beautiful. I don't think that, in that shot, his eye looks distracting, but it does show his age, which I love because I am a huge sucker for senior dogs:)

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
I think Dirk looks beautiful. don't think that, in that shot, his eye looks distracting, but it does show his age, which I love because I am a huge sucker for senior dogs:)
Senior dogs ARE :cool:
:heart:

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
Awe Dirk is so pretty and really does not show his age...I really don't see the milky film in that pic....Coco's eyes are so white/blue....but I wouldn't want to paint over it...that is how she is! Beautiful....

birdman78

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
John
Not sure if it will work, but have you tried putting the red eye setting on? It's my only idea. Havn't shot dogs in a long time.

hsmoscout

If you have PhotoShop, use the Dodge/Burn tool (make sure it's on "burn") in the center of his eye where it's "milky." If you don't have photoshop, you can do the same thing in Gimp.

Diana88

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Diana
Ahh he is beautiful. Natural photo. But I use photoshop when I don't like something. :D

southernbirds

Danita...our Vet gave us a nutraceutical for our dog called Duralactin. It has worked wonders and we give it to her everyday. You can order it online too. I think Petco also carries it. He gave it to his 18 year old dog. We use it for our Doxie. Your dog Dirk, is a gorgeous boy. Aging well from the looks of it.

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
What does it do?
Danita...our Vet gave us a nutraceutical for our dog called Duralactin. It has worked wonders and we give it to her everyday. You can order it online too. I think Petco also carries it. He gave it to his 18 year old dog. We use it for our Doxie. Your dog Dirk, is a gorgeous boy. Aging well from the looks of it.

southernbirds

It is like an anti inflammatory but according to him it rejuvenated his old dog that he though he was going to have to put down. We've been giving it to one of our Doxies without any side effects. In fact the Vet said that he may try the people form of it made by Stolle. I said,you try it first and let me know he it works on you:). At any rate....check it out for your dog. I can only speak from our experiences. I am going to give it to our other doxie too now that he is getting older. Our female had spinal issues, so we started her on it. Of course that is a long story. Just wanted to share the info. Take care!

Duralactin - For the Long Term Manaagement of Chronic Inflammation

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
We are thinking of taking him to get some acupuncture on his hips. Just to try it :)

I will look into it, thanks :)

CeddysMum

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Astrid (formerly: 'featherbaby')
What a beautiful boy! If you hadn't said it, I wouldn't have noticed the eyes, just the expression in them and that is just :heart:

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
He IS my guy, I just love him so much.
:heart:

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
Dirk is such a handsome fellow Danita - I am such a camera newbie, I can't help but wanted to tell you what a beautiful furbaby you have

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
awww what a pretty boy!

Is that taken with flash?
Sunny's eyes turn red when I use flash so I try to use natural light (no flash) with him if possible.

Last edited:

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
It was a night shot, or really foggy morning shot.
I will try with no flash.
If I can figure that out LOL

Blazeybird

Real Name
Houston
I dont know how to take a picture and not get it, but I would try just photoshopping it. If you have a mac I can walk you through it, if not, well, I will be of no use :(

Status
Not open for further replies.