• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cally

Vickyrob

Moving in
Real Name
Vicky
Hi, our African grey keeps making this noise at me is it a sign of him wanting fuss? As we rehomed him we can't touch him properly yet but he asks for a kiss making this noise to me at the side of the cage ☺ Tried to put vid but won't let me.

alshgs

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Hi, our African grey keeps making this noise at me is it a sign of him wanting fuss? As we rehomed him we can't touch him properly yet but he asks for a kiss making this noise to me at the side of the cage ☺ Tried to put vid but won't let me.
To add a video, you have to post it on YouTube and then post the link here I believe. Hopefully someone will be along soon :)

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Maybe he's trying to get your attention?

@Greycloud ?

Vickyrob

Moving in
Real Name
Vicky
Lol he gets lots of attention it's very sweet what he does

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
It would help to see a video. Is it a growl, a goose honking sound or fluttering wings and chirpping ?

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
What a pretty Grey! These behaviors are hormonal. They are the noises and wing drooping a female and male show eachother during breeding season. She, (I think a she due to body language) is flirting with you. You may also see her regurgitate up some food. Try not to poke your finger at her but make a gentle tickling motion. She wants to be scritched on the head but doesn't quite trust you yet. Take things slow. Offer her a yummy treat through the bars and if she takes it, praise her well.

Vickyrob

Moving in
Real Name
Vicky
Thank you for your reply. We suspected it may be female as she seems to flirt with our male Galah by very gently flapping her wings when he is preening. The woman we had it off said she'd got DNA certificate but didn't provide it when we purchased her as said it had been misplaced.