• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Calling out all Michigan AA members, and anyone else interested. 100 rescued parrots !!!!

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
No this Ma caw was I was seeing is in a person's home. Not the rescue.
well darn!!! Someone got that baby Ma caw before I did. The one at persons home that bit their child that they decided they wanted to rehome. Would of been nice to have called me first before going over there the other day and not be home.

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Wish I could bring home the trio of senior Senegals! Good food, toys, and a window to look out of is how Ripley spends his days! :heart:
They state they are pretty wild. But any bird can be tamed. I back you getting the sennies!! You'd be a great mom for them!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
They state they are pretty wild. But any bird can be tamed. I back you getting the sennies!! You'd be a great mom for them!

I'm not worried about tameness as long as they don't do flying attacks :lol:

But no, I've got my hands full as it is and Ripley would not be happy having to share his play area. I sadly don't have extra time, money or space that they need. If I had an all seasons aviary, there'd be no stopping me!

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
I'm not worried about tameness as long as they don't do flying attacks :lol:

But no, I've got my hands full as it is and Ripley would not be happy having to share his play area. I sadly don't have extra time, money or space that they need. If I had an all seasons aviary, there'd be no stopping me!

I wonder if that baby Ma caw they had is still for adoption? The baby I was to looked at ( not from the rescue) was sold before I got there....

TikkiTembo

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Chelsea
@Hawk12237 They're not adopting him out, he's living permanently with Rachel from the rescue

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Test results back for Sergei...his uric acid is sky high! Salt is probably the culprit. Am now giving him extra juicy fruits, spraying him twice a day so he gets extra water while preening, and misting water on all his foods. Have to go back in 3 weeks for another blood test. Those dang WD products are pure poison!!!

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
@EkkieLu did you post in wrong thread?

TikkiTembo

Real Name
Chelsea
@AkasyaEllric Me too, especially considering when they brought them home from the seizure, Shannon didn't even know what they were. Someone posted that they thought the price was steep, and another person jumped on her saying that just because they came from filth doesn't mean they're worth less. Definitely not what that lady meant, I'm sure she meant they were overpriced considering they are wild, have no cage, and no vet care. Shannon said she normally finds out what a breeder charges for a bird, then she cuts that price in half, and that's how she decides how much to charge for a bird.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
@AkasyaEllric Me too, especially considering when they brought them home from the seizure, Shannon didn't even know what they were. Someone posted that they thought the price was steep, and another person jumped on her saying that just because they came from filth doesn't mean they're worth less. Definitely not what that lady meant, I'm sure she meant they were overpriced considering they are wild, have no cage, and no vet care. Shannon said she normally finds out what a breeder charges for a bird, then she cuts that price in half, and that's how she decides how much to charge for a bird.

Well that's flawed logic. A baby B&G macaw goes for $3000, but the adoption fee is $500.

I can buy a baby rosella for $350. No they aren't super common but $750 is MORE than a pair of breeder babies.

TikkiTembo

Real Name
Chelsea
Plus, I just can't get over the thought that she's had these birds in her care for a matter of days, and has gotten an amazing amount of food and cage and toy and money donations for them, so why is the price so high? She hasn't put in $750 worth of anything into that pair, so why is that the price?

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Probably because they aren't super common in this area and one is a mutation? Same with the lorikeet :/ Might be a way to weed out hoarders/collectors, but seems the adoption process should do that, not the price tag.

AkasyaEllric

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Morgan
Probably because they aren't super common in this area and one is a mutation? Same with the lorikeet :/ Might be a way to weed out hoarders/collectors, but seems the adoption process should do that, not the price tag.
I absolutely completely and totally agree with this. Like, the violet IRN was $400 but the pairs were also $400. My parents got a blue IRN for $400 as a baby.

Hjarta5

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
I adopted from this rescue after Hurricane Maria but before the food/death incident. Im open to PMs if anyone has questions.