• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Calling any other lonely birds out there??

TwoTinyTrees

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
I often wonder is Ninny finds herself unhappy being a single little cockatiel all by herself...now I am a stay at home wife so I get to spend a TON of time with her but I feel for her whenever we take the boys to the park or just got out to visit and we are gone for hours...we did buy the Bird Sitter DVD which I think helps but still...any other lonely birds out there? Ninny spends alot of time with me and my husband and ALWAYS SUPERVISED with my 4 dogs who she LOVES to follow around on the carpet...when its feeding time for the dogs she goes and perches on the dish rack to wait with them!! Some pics of Ninny with the family...
My husband cuddling with our biggest Dog Balto she has to be part of the group too!
2013-04-01_20.09.16.jpg 2013-04-01_20.09.27.jpg
I take care of my niece and there is Ninny playing with her puzzle...lol
2013-04-16 12.58.16.jpg 2013-04-16 12.58.42.jpg
On the carpet she LOVES to be on with the dogs...(ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS SUPERVISED!!)
2013-04-20_11.17.39.jpg 2013-04-20_11.18.16.jpg

not sure why the other attachments are showing up??? everything else has a caption so
Me and our oldest dog Benjamin (I woke him up lol) and Ninny out on our balcony with her aviator harness! :)

Attachments

ellie

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Elisa
Fun pictures! I especially love the pic of you chichi. My little man sticks his tongue out too. :p

Bailey

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bailey
My tiels have never been lonely. Kirk we had for a month before we added to our flock. Everybird after came from a home where other birds were too.

Suchabetty

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Jamie
Betty dislikes her own species and has always been a very independent bird. It was about 8 months when we brought Dixie home and even though she doesnt really like to snuggle with Dixie she likes having the company and demands that she get preened whenever she feels like it. I dont think it would have bothered Betty if she was an only bird because she is such a Diva :lol::heart:

littletiel

Walking the driveway
My tiel only has me and I only have him, so we stick to each other. :hug8:

littletiel

Walking the driveway
I think I am a little bit selfish... :( Sometimes I wonder if I should get him a girlfriend but then I am afraid I would be jealous!

solo

Real Name
jess
Ike my budgie is my lonely bird but not for long;)

AzaleaMist

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Amy
I think you have to judge by the bird. Most of my tiels seem over joyed to have flock mates, especially Poppy. The new boys are beside themselves with excitement that there are other tiels close by. Nova , my queen bee is pretty aloof with the others but seems content. She scolds them and calls to Petey. Cinna is human imprinted and would rather have us than other tiels. Petey likes both worlds and needs other birds and us. It really depends on the bird in my opinion.

on my phone

Quakers, Cockatiels & a Greenie

TwoTinyTrees

Avenue Veteran
I think I am a little bit selfish... :( Sometimes I wonder if I should get him a girlfriend but then I am afraid I would be jealous!
selfish?? Hmm...I think that if you saw that your babe needed a buddy I am sure you would get him one! :) He may be the one getting jealous! lol

littletiel

Walking the driveway
I think he is very happy with me... :dance4::dancing:I just wonder when his hormones are high if he needs a girlfriend, but otherwise he is happy. He is on some part of my body giving my kisses and asking to be scratched on the head most of the time! :heart::lol: