• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cage size for possible future parrotlet

Keetie!

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Joanne
Blueberry's Cage Set-Up.jpg Hi All!
I have been researching a possible parrotlet in my distant future. I just lost my beloved budgie Blueberry on 04/01/2021. Should I sell Blueberry's cage as shown or wait? Would this be an acceptable habitat for a single juvenile parrotlet......or would a flight cage be worth the investment? I am reading everything I can get my hands on about this species. I only had budgies in my life. Thank you for the input! Happy Spring :heart:

peachypjm

Strolling the yard
View attachment 379932 Hi All!
I have been researching a possible parrotlet in my distant future. I just lost my beloved budgie Blueberry on 04/01/2021. Should I sell Blueberry's cage as shown or wait? Would this be an acceptable habitat for a single juvenile parrotlet......or would a flight cage be worth the investment? I am reading everything I can get my hands on about this species. I only had budgies in my life. Thank you for the input! Happy Spring :heart:
save for a flight cage! a lot more worth it than the smaller cage in the photo!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Would this be an acceptable habitat for a single juvenile parrotlet......or would a flight cage be worth the investment?
It looks to be a good size, especially if the bird will be out most of the time. Obviously a flight cage will always offer some more room and would be better but the cage you have now wouldn't be bad.

Keetie!

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Joanne
It looks to be a good size, especially if the bird will be out most of the time. Obviously a flight cage will always offer some more room and would be better but the cage you have now wouldn't be bad.
I am waiting six months to make a definite decision about bringing a new baby parrotlet in my life. My longest lived budgie was six years old...so much heartbreak! I would also have a play gym to move from room to room for out of cage time. Thanks for the reply!