• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cage Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feather

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
I want to get a better cage setup for Katara. Her wings are useless - she can scarcely even spread them - and her balance is terrible. I don't want her hurting herself by falling.
Does anyone have some suggestions for a good cage arrangement for her?
Thanks.

Sabene

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Sarah Benedict
I have a one legged Amazon and he has a long short cage so he can get around with beak and leg...there is enough room to move and groom but he won't fall more than an inch if he falls. I think it is a lovebird cage or something. He came with it, but it actually allows him more movement and freedom than being out of the cage so he doesn't mind. Of course he still gets outside cuddles time :)

Daisy's Mom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany
Somehow I must have missed this thread.. :rolleyes: I don't have a bird with a damaged wing but I do have a tiel missing some toes and has some balancing issues.. So I would put in her cage some flat/platform perches ( you look at it and its square instead of round) Sqwatters Platform Perch Small Medium or you could use these cajeput tabletop perch such as Coffee Table Perch - Large this type of cajeput wood is soft for their feet... :) Oh yeah Mikey also loves these finger traps Finger Trap 5 Pack - MISCELLANEOUS TOY PARTS by MY SAFE BIRD STORE.. I weave them in between the bars of his cage.. Its a easy and fun toy for him to play with.. :D I hope this helps.. :)

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
we have a special needs tiel..one leg totally paralyzed..the other cannot grip...so he cannot perch at all...we have a rodent cage for him...with a platform...he loves the platform..(when he is in it that is, he spends most of his days on Sam's cage top...we put papers down and food & water and he spends his days there watching the world go by)....we also had a crippled finch..we made two platforms out of plywood...about 4 inches wide and ran the length of the cage...you could do something like that for a bigger bird.

Feather

Avenue Veteran
Status
Not open for further replies.