• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cage from A&E

annrip

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Ann
Hello. I have Ari's new cage from A&E, but there are issues, which A&E is working on. Part of it involves sending out touch up paint to cover a few chips, which are mostly on parts Ari cannot get to. On the top bits, there are these weird divots in the powder coat, so I asked about getting those parts replaced. Edges are a little sharp. Unfortunately, they do not have the parts in stock. They won't even have the cage back in stock in either of my preferred colors until August or September. I've attached photos. What do you all think? I guess I could file the edges and the put the pain on. I really want this cage to work out. It's just perfect for her.

Attachments

Last edited:

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Aw man that's the worst. I had the same issue with the sharp burrs when I ordered a new flight cage. I got one panel replaced and then just used a file to smooth down the sharp bits.

annrip

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Ann
Aw man that's the worst. I had the same issue with the sharp burrs when I ordered a new flight cage. I got one panel replaced and then just used a file to smooth down the sharp bits.
Yeah...I mean...I totally get that this happens with them being mass produced. It's not like they can inspect every single piece. And...I'm probably one who catches more of this stuff than most people. I could have them send out another color, but that probably would have some stuff going on with it. Then there's the issue of having to see a color I really don't like day after day. I will say that A&E's customer service is beyond amazing. I'm blown away, and I tend to have high standards since I work at a place where we are know for prioritizing customers and doing the right thing. So, overall, I'm happy with A&E.

I have nice, tiny diamond coated files from back in my jewelry making days, and they can get to small places, so that might be the best solution.