• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cage for a Timneh

Status
Not open for further replies.

senorabarb

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Barb
Is this the cages section? I looked quickly and couldn't find it -- if there is one. I'm looking for a new cage for my smallish Timneh. I read that the bars should be 5/8 - 3/4" apart. But, I want to get her a cage that is 36" wide -- which means that the bars will be 1" apart. Her 30" cage is too small.

Any suggestions? Recommendations? Any specific cage? (Not stainless steel, please.)

drop

Rollerblading along the road
King's Cage has a 34 x 26 tha has 3/4 inch bar spacing, that's the only one that I know of right off the top of my head. I think it's an Ecomony line cage. Hopefully someone will come along with a suggestion in the actual size that you want.

My Timneh came with a cage that had 5/8 inch spacing and I really did not like it. He was able to get two bars in his beak at a time, and once he figured out what sort of sound that made he started having some fun with it. I was afraid that he was going to chip the paint. I also found that since the bars were thick unlike the small bird cages the cage looked kind of closed in. Too small in my experience, he is now in a 1 inch.

How small is she? I am having a hard time imagining a Timneh so small that 1 inch would be too big. She must be a delicate little thing, do you have any pictures? Good luck on your search.

Last edited:

Birdasaurus

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Andrea
3/4th as the largest for a Timneh? I'm not sure about that and I think you would be fine moving up. I have my Hahns in a 1inch for the same reason....wanted a big cage but couldn't find one with the right bar spacing. Considering he's only 180 grams and can't fit his head through the 1 inch, I can't imagine that a Timneh could.

senorabarb

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Barb
Thank you all for your suggestions. I can't imagine that she could fit her head through a 1" space. Mercedez, it's good to know that you've raised baby Greys with that sized bar spacing.

I can't post a picture of her because I'm the only person in the U.S. who does not know how to use a digital camera. :o: I have digital block. I bought one 8? 7? years ago and have never used it. I even bought a new battery this year because the old one no longer worked. (I used to be really good with a 35mm!)

Status
Not open for further replies.