• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cage bottoms..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sounds Festive Claire!!:dancing:

maggygermany

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Margot
Hello

I got no gate in - because it´s absolutely meaningless/useless.
And it´s not very good for the feet of the birds.

I put in some news paper directly on the ground and wooden granules (I hope you understand my translation) on it.
Smells and looks good - and I put out the dirty parts once a week.
Sometims the parrots play with it and have fun

looks like this

Attachments

Oknuma

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Oknuma
we get a free newspaper delivered here to all houses every 2nd day. even with changing two cages daily I cant use it fast enough. So costs nothing and there is heaps of it, cant beat that for me :D

Bunkybird

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Trish
:rofl::laughing12: Claire: I am so stealing that idea of the holiday prints~ I love it:highfive:...I use "free" newspaper friends and family save for me ;)

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
claire I love it!

Why spend money when newpaper is free? I definitley use newspaper with my ten cages...I get it from friends and family. I layer it and peel up a layer every day, usually.

magni

Hit the Road
Real Name
Denise
You will probably all think I am nuts...........

I use the puppy pee pads under paper towels. The trays stay spotless since nothing can penetrate the pee pads. I change the paper towels every other day.

I like how the white printed towels look in my white cages. :D

:omg: I have done that to, when I ran out of news paper:hehe::hehe: they work great:)

pineview01

Rollerblading along the road
I have to keep the grate in as the toos will tear up the paper poo and all. I use newspaper. When I worked we changed all the papers once a week. I put extra paper in "spot" so I could pick the up during the week once or twice. Now I put down layers. The U2 get theres change about 3/4 times a week. The Macaw still only needs them changed once a week with spot paper pick up every couple days.

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
I use the giant rolls of Kraft parcel paper.
this is what I have been using. It is great I can cut it to fit the whole bottom of the cage. I then just fold the sides over to remove it. I have been lucky that I can get small left over rolls of it from where I used to work.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
:rofl::laughing12: Claire: I am so stealing that idea of the holiday prints~ I love it:highfive:...I use "free" newspaper friends and family save for me ;)

Winter time :D

Fall

So, in the fall I look for fall prints, winter I get snowmen and in the summer spring flowers or vegetables and then I will mix it up with dog or cat prints. :)

Last edited:

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh wow!!:dance4: That does looks nice and your Zon is beautiful.:heart: So where does one buy these?:)

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Paper towels? Grocery store aisle :rofl: I look for sales on either Bounty, Brawny or other brands. Bounty has the nicest winter prints, those are my favs. Butu I will look for the sale first.......we use PLAIN ones in the kitchen though. :rofl:

Willow's Mommy

Strolling the yard
Real Name
LaVera
I use Newspapers that a friend saves for me, she gets several papers daily, so I'm usually having her recycle some and giving me the rest, I have tons of it. I do not use grates in any of my cages, they are so nasty to clean and IMHO, useless, as they get covered in poo also. If I'm not using a grate, its a quick pick up of paper and replacing it. takes a minute per cage and it's just alot less hassle. Monty is my only bottom dweller at times and he does not get into poo as for some odd reason he poops in only one spot right off his sleeping perch, the odd little man. lol .

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Paper towels? Grocery store aisle :rofl: I look for sales on either Bounty, Brawny or other brands. Bounty has the nicest winter prints, those are my favs. Butu I will look for the sale first.......we use PLAIN ones in the kitchen though. :rofl:
:laughing6: plain ones in the kitchen...

Status
Not open for further replies.