• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cage advice

Advitya

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Advitya Jandial
Hello Avenue members! I wanted to ask that if I give my parrot plenty of cage out time, meaning of I keep him out of his cage except when I need to go out or he needs to sleep, can I keep him in a 20×20×12 cage? As my house has no proper place to keep a bigger cage and unfortunately I also can't provide him with a bird room.

Pat H

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Pat
That is a REALLY SMALL CAGE!!! What would happen if he had 'night frights'--- would literally beat himself up pounding against the bars... hate to think of the feather/ bone breakage.
I know that's extreme... but honestly he needs a larger cage... Hope you can manage to find him one!

Advitya

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Advitya Jandial
What about 4 feet× 3.5 feet × 3.75 feet?
Will it be enough?
Cause I don't have enough space in my house to give him a bigger cage then that.

Advitya

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Advitya Jandial
That is a REALLY SMALL CAGE!!! What would happen if he had 'night frights'--- would literally beat himself up pounding against the bars... hate to think of the feather/ bone breakage.
I know that's extreme... but honestly he needs a larger cage... Hope you can manage to find him one!
Well he never really gets night frights but still I will try and find him a larger cage.

Momof3litt

Sprinting down the street
What species of parrot do you have? Is this for the bird in your avatar?

Are your measurements in inches? So, 20 by 20 by 12 inches? That is too small for nearly any bird.

4 ft by 3.5 ft by 3.75 ft is a nice large cage for most small/med birds. What is the bar spacing?

FeatheredM

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
You should Buy the cage You need once of good Quality, so you don't have to do it again, i learned that the hard way. If you have an Indiana ringneck you should get a pretty large Cage, but i'm not exactly sure how Big. Maybe @fashionfobie can help with that

Momof3litt

Sprinting down the street
Bar spacing of 1" would be too large for a ringneck. You should be looking for a cage with 5/8"-3/4" bar spacing. Spacing that is too large can be dangerous if your bird tried to push its head between the bars and gets stuck.

Pat H

Real Name
Pat
What about 4 feet× 3.5 feet × 3.75 feet?
Will it be enough?
Cause I don't have enough space in my house to give him a bigger cage then that.
I'm sorry-- sure didn't need to offend you! If your 20x20x12 is in inches [which I thought you meant], then 48x42x45 is your measurement in inches... To me, that sounds good, especially since he's out much of the time! thank you...