• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

-Budgies terrorize mantis-

Crazy4parrots

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
María
She is so afraid that the other day at midnight she began screaming like crazy I was like omg what’s going on? She was covered and I heard her flapping her wings and peeping hard so I went in to check her and there was a house gecko on the wall next to her cage :shifty::meh::confused::roflmao::wacky: and I was like all that fuss lol for 1 inch long house gecko? When I took it away she calmed down and went back to sleep :p:hilarious::rofl:

FeatheredM

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
She is so afraid that the other day at midnight she began screaming like crazy I was like omg what’s going on? She was covered and I heard her flapping her wings and peeping hard so I went in to check her and there was a house gecko on the wall next to her cage :shifty::meh::confused::roflmao::wacky: and I was like all that fuss lol for 1 inch long house gecko? When I took it away she calmed down and went back to sleep :p:hilarious::rofl:
Imagine seeing a slimy lizard a foot long, you kind of have to admit that would be scary :scrstf: don't forget to check the closet every night

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Awe poor thing! I can't sorta understand how geckos are scary though. They may appear like snakes when they move about.

Crazy4parrots

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
María
Imagine seeing a slimy lizard a foot long, you kind of have to admit that would be scary :scrstf: don't forget to check the closet every night
Lol there is no such thing as a gecko of that size! Thanks god! :rnfrt: I’m not a afraid of them but certainly wouldn’t want one of that size close to Baylee.
criminal 1 (gecko)
Vs
Victim 0 (Baylee)

Sparkles99

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I had no idea there was a such thing as a house gecko...

FeatheredM

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
Lol there is no such thing as a gecko of that size! Thanks god! :rnfrt: I’m not a afraid of them but certainly wouldn’t want one of that size close to Baylee.
criminal 1 (gecko)
Vs
Victim 0 (Baylee)
Oh no, another case for the police, you better make a report

Crazy4parrots

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
María
House gecko they are small!! The big ones are like 4 inches long… they live in my house i have seen them mating and also fighting over females lol CDEFF796-E63B-4270-A25F-C3243BE8B7B3.jpeg
This is a newborn. @Sparkles99 the one that scared Baylee was that size lol. When I saw Baylee soo scared of such thing I couldn’t help but imagine an elephant been afraid of a mouse. :rofl:

Last edited:

fashionfobie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
I had no idea there was a such thing as a house gecko...
We have hundreds of house geckos around my place. They usually sit outside on windows and walls at night as eat insects that are attracted to lights.

There are two species, one is native and the other is an invasive species from Asia. They range in size some of the larger females are pretty bulky. It is sorta endearing around breeding seasons when they chirp.

Crazy4parrots

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
María
We have hundreds of house geckos around my place. They usually sit outside on windows and walls at night as eat insects that are attracted to lights.

There are two species, one is native and the other is an invasive species from Asia. They range in size some of the larger females are pretty bulky. It is sorta endearing around breeding seasons when they chirp.
Yes here I have seen them mating in the living room lol and they look at me like hey! xD so I’m like oh ok keep doing your stuff lol.

Pat H

Real Name
Pat
WOW-- Thanks SO MUCH for the picture of one! They are so cool! We have the small [green] tree frogs around here, outside tho. Love their chirping too!
Story-- put a wooden bird house outside the kitchen window, hoping a Wren would occupy. The Wrens built a nest [was so fun watching them insert a long stick into the small hole]! A few days after they were finished building, I saw a nose sticking out of the opening.
Upon closer exam--- IT WAS A TREE FROG!

fashionfobie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Tree frogs are beautiful!

SumitaSinh

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Same thing happened to Inca... one night, he just freaked out, I saw a lizard inside his cage... Can't blame him though, myself scared of those reptiles.

FeatheredM

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
Those house geckos are so cute! I use to live in a place with tons of little lizards, and snails, but now I live up where there are none of those, a least there are fewer spiders like black widows and HUGE ones that blend in with the sand, and scorpions.
I wish I could take more pictures of big green out of his little home, but I think he's going to molt, and you don't want to touch him at all then, maybe after.

Pat H

Real Name
Pat
The 'Ralphies' living in the upstairs bathroom shower-- all banded together [living in 1x spot] ... at least the Daddy Long Legs will take care of the newly incoming Asian Ladybugs... found 3x in the tub that they'd captured and eaten... YEAH!

Pat H

Real Name
Pat
Q -- Anybody else see any 16yr Cicadas? Only saw 2 or 3x this year, compared with MANY 16x yr ago???
Can't help feel that Roundup is to blame...
Did see more sparrows this year than last! tho other species still in decline! Should probably do a thread on this!

FeatheredM

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
Q -- Anybody else see any 16yr Cicadas? Only saw 2 or 3x this year, compared with MANY 16x yr ago???
Can't help feel that Roundup is to blame...
Did see more sparrows this year than last! tho other species still in decline! Should probably do a thread on this!
I've seen/heard alot of cicadas this summer

FeatheredM

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
Boy, they ARE NOT in this area of the US... NW Illinois... Have seen MORE THAN A MULTITUDE of baby crickets on the edge of the alleys tho! Again, not the norm...
Maybe they migrated?:shrug: