• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Budgie Won't Open One Eye

ASmallBirb

Meeting neighbors
So, Pikachu is back at it again being the disaster bird that he is with a funky eye. He has been tucking himself in and sleeping a lot today (He was doing it quite a bit yesterday too but we weren't sure if that was because of mourning/having had a bad nights sleep due to his broken blood feather drama the night before) and now i've noticed that he wont open one of his eyes. When I go over to him, he looks at me with his open eye, and leaves the other closed. He still has a vet appointment booked for tomorrow so I guess that's yet another thing to add to the agenda of getting checked out. But does anyone have any thoughts/ideas/advice on this for now while we wait for tomorrow's appointment?

ASmallBirb

Meeting neighbors
He quickly opened it quickly then because I coughed when he wasn't paying attention and it shocked him a bit, but then he quickly shup it again :( It doesn't look like there is anything stuck in it or anything like that and it doesn't look irritated or inflamed, so what could this be?

ASmallBirb

Meeting neighbors
And now he's acting completely fine foraging on a little cardboard foraging mat I just set up form him, both eyes open! Damn it Peep, can't you just make up your mind if you want to be healthy or not! you're giving me a heart attack every three seconds at the moment XD!!!

He truly is a chaos birb of magnificent proportions.

Kamoebas

Strolling the yard
He quickly opened it quickly then because I coughed when he wasn't paying attention and it shocked him a bit, but then he quickly shup it again :( It doesn't look like there is anything stuck in it or anything like that and it doesn't look irritated or inflamed, so what could this be?
My parakeets do it normally everyday. I think He just wants to do it for absolutely no reason at all.

AussieBird

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Call me AB
Is he moulting at all? If he's going to the vet anyway it's worth asking them to give it a quick look :)

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Could have been irritated for some reason and now it's feeling okay :)