• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Budgie was bitten

Jean20057

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kristen
Ok so this isn't really super emergent, but I want sure where else to post this.

Lyla, our budgie with the ovarian tumor, was inside her hospital cage and Lily, her sister and soul mate, flew onto the front of the hospital cage. Lyla went after her and bit her, hard enough to make her bleed a little. It's just a little poke looking spot. She isn't bleeding anymore, but I'm wondering if there's something I can do for Lily. Like, is there something I can put on her foot, topically?

Btw, Lyla bit me too, but it's only when she's in her cage. And she just started it so it hasn't been going on very long.

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
If the wound is clean don't touch it. They are excellent in healing on their own. To put something on it will only make the wound not being able to breath, and to desinfect it will only kill good bacterials.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I hope it heals quickly.