• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Budgie 'Foot' Toy Box

pawprintedheart

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Valerie
I know keets don't play with toys with their feet like other parrots, but am I the only one who keeps a box of 'foot' toys in for their budgies? Both of my boys love digging toys out of the box and scampering/flying around with them. Colby especially will carry little toys and toss them off the side of his cage, hop down to get them, and fly back up with them clasped in his beak. Maybe they picked it up from watching my green cheeks play but they adore little, easy to pick up toys.

Dani

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
I do! I have little toys stashed everywhere in their cage. I love to see which ones are moved the most! One of the most loved toy is a small plastic penguin on wheels, poor little thing takes a beating! :hehe:

pawprintedheart

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Valerie
I actually don't think I realized budgies didn't play with their feet until I read it here, and by then I'd already been offering them foot toys. Lol Wondering if any one else does and if theirs enjoy them too?

pawprintedheart

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Valerie
Danielle: A penguin on wheels?! Where'd you find that? Sounds like something my duo would adore!

BindiWW

Walking the driveway
I have a hanging coconut bowl that I put beads and foot toys in.
Boomer loves tossing them out, or using them to play fetch with me.:)
Can budgies actually hold things in their feet?

pawprintedheart

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Valerie
BindiWW: I never thought of beads! And my guys are bead obsessed. I'll have to toss a few into their bucket. And I don't think they can? I've never seen either of mine pick something up with their feet. :confused: But I still love watching them play with tiny toys, not just those that hang. :D

solo

Real Name
jess
my budgies love tossing foot toys about :D

Dani

Avenue Veteran
Valerie I honestly don't know who makes that penguin toy. I never see them anymore! Mine is years old........I'll have to research and see if I can find them on line. :)

pawprintedheart

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Valerie
Awww, bummer! I'll keep an eye out. Do you happen to have a picture?