• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Buddy Says Hello to All

kalelolail

Sitting on the front steps
Hi, how is it going. I have stumbled across this community and have browsed through here before but never thought of creating an account. I got Buddy 3 months ago while he was 7 weeks old and still needed some hand-feeding. He is now 5 months and 2 weeks old and currently starting his first moult. We formed a very close bond really quickly somehow and I gained his trust in a matter of days. Definitely not the trust he has now in me but still surprising. He is very gentle and very playful even though new things scare him, even plates that he hasn't seen before lol. It only takes him a couple of minutes though to lose that fear. He also already learned how to say "Peekabo" and is on his way to sing Heigh-Ho from Snowhite and the Seven Dwarves. He is still practicing haha.

I also know he might look a bit ragged in the picture I have of him for my profile but it was after the shower. He sure loves to take naps after the shower while I finish. We both shower together and when he wants, I'll grab the spray bottle and give him a nice clean. I've tried putting plates of water and other stuff like that but he doesn't understand what to do yet with them yet and normally runs away.

I have also not clipped his wings because I just feel that it has to be such a joy for my cockatiel to do at least to some extent what his body was designed to do. Every morning when he wakes up I will take him out of his cage and he will fly around the living room and kitchen until he lands on my head or shoulders to finally say Hi lol. I sure love Buddy. He brings a lot of joy into my life.

Currently, he has a splint and is on his way to recovery but hopefully, the bone heals nicely. I wrote what happened in another thread if you want to check it out and maybe are able to give me some advice regarding splints. Please don't blame me for neglect or anything, it was my father who also lives with me and had an accident which should have never happened. Sometimes adults don't listen just like teens don't listen to advice.

Attachments

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Welcome to the Avenue :hiya:

Shilpa

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Shilpa
:welave:
Buddy looks like such a good boy:)

Sunni Tiel

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rachel
Welcome to the avenue!

I'm really frustrated the bird store clipped my Sunni's wings before I brought him home, each time he tries to fly he falls back and folds his tail feathers in half. They've all snapped by now and he has zero confidence. It's so sad to see him so helpless. I highly recommend keeping him flighted.

Beautiful cockatiel you have!

kalelolail

Sitting on the front steps
Welcome to the avenue!

I'm really frustrated the bird store clipped my Sunni's wings before I brought him home, each time he tries to fly he falls back and folds his tail feathers in half. They've all snapped by now and he has zero confidence. It's so sad to see him so helpless. I highly recommend keeping him flighted.

Beautiful cockatiel you have!
Oh wow, I am sorry to hear that. It must be sad seeing him like that. He will probably start molting soon and he can start getting his confidence back. And regarding keeping him flighted I doubt I will ever clip his wings. I kinda see it as running for him. He just does it to get a nice workout and to show off sometimes which I find funny lol.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Welcome to the Avenue! 1.welcome signs.gif

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
:welcome2:

elena_2004

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Elena
Hi, how is it going. I have stumbled across this community and have browsed through here before but never thought of creating an account. I got Buddy 3 months ago while he was 7 weeks old and still needed some hand-feeding. He is now 5 months and 2 weeks old and currently starting his first moult. We formed a very close bond really quickly somehow and I gained his trust in a matter of days. Definitely not the trust he has now in me but still surprising. He is very gentle and very playful even though new things scare him, even plates that he hasn't seen before lol. It only takes him a couple of minutes though to lose that fear. He also already learned how to say "Peekabo" and is on his way to sing Heigh-Ho from Snowhite and the Seven Dwarves. He is still practicing haha.

I also know he might look a bit ragged in the picture I have of him for my profile but it was after the shower. He sure loves to take naps after the shower while I finish. We both shower together and when he wants, I'll grab the spray bottle and give him a nice clean. I've tried putting plates of water and other stuff like that but he doesn't understand what to do yet with them yet and normally runs away.

I have also not clipped his wings because I just feel that it has to be such a joy for my cockatiel to do at least to some extent what his body was designed to do. Every morning when he wakes up I will take him out of his cage and he will fly around the living room and kitchen until he lands on my head or shoulders to finally say Hi lol. I sure love Buddy. He brings a lot of joy into my life.

Currently, he has a splint and is on his way to recovery but hopefully, the bone heals nicely. I wrote what happened in another thread if you want to check it out and maybe are able to give me some advice regarding splints. Please don't blame me for neglect or anything, it was my father who also lives with me and had an accident which should have never happened. Sometimes adults don't listen just like teens don't listen to advice.
Hi and Welcome!!!
:heart2::hello1::hiya:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Welcome, and enjoy the site!

MR. Mango

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
:welcomegroup: :bounce4:

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
:hello: :welave:

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Welcome to you and your sweet Buddy!

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Welcome to you and Buddy!:bounce4:

Tiels are the best...but I wouldn't say that around Milton, our U2!;)
Buddy has that mischievous look on his face...you are definitely in for it,if you know what I mean.
You're in it for the long haul,and it sounds like you guys are off to a good start.
Keep on having fun...and keep us updated along the way...