• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Broken Tail Feather

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chanticleer

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Lindsey
So, yesterday I noticed that when Chanti's tail is in a certain position, one of his feathers sticks out like it's broken. It isn't always hanging down like that...mainly I've noticed when he's balancing on a very thin perch (like my dog's cage in the picture). Should I be worried about this? Should I try and pull/cut it, or just leave it be? Or do you think he should go to the vet? Here's some pics I took so you can see...

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
He may have banged it or could be being molted. It looks like it will fall out on it's own. Matt

Daisy's Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany
Miss Daisy currently has the same thing going on with a tail feather.. I would just let it be as eventually it will fall off on its own.. :smileflower:

AmberMuffinz

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
If it seems to bother him or you, you can cut it where it's broken. We've done that before as it seems to take a while to molt out. It's not really dangerous though.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
It will evenutally fall out on its own..Sam usually has one that hangs on like that..by the way your tiel is absolutely STUNNING a true beauty

Chanticleer

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Lindsey
Ok, thanks! I thought it wasn't anything to be too worried about, but I wanted to get others' opinions too :)

blewin

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ben
Get used to busted tail feathers. Poor Buddy only has a "pretty" tail for a couple of days each year. I think it bothers us more than it bothers him.

Status
Not open for further replies.