• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bringing home my CBC in a couple of weeks!

kathykeltsy

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
kathy
He is a he....confirmed, and I'm so excited! :dance4: I need to decide on a name, so will take any recommendations! :)

What I would like is some info on a good food. I know that he will come home on roudybush pellets, as he was weaned to those. Any good seed mix? I would like this more as a back up as I plan to cook up more bird bread that I put pellets in along with lots of veggies. I will also give him fresh stuff too, but just in case this take a while I want to buy some food.

I currently have 2 budgies and 2 cockatiels. The budgies are seed junkies that will eat some veggies and Nutriberries. My tiels eat pellets (although not enough probably) and bird bread and am introducing veggies, I sneak fresh stuff into the bread and try to hide it so they accidentally eat it and they are sometimes. And sprouts.

This will be my first conure. I've never even been around any.

Thanks!

Tay05

Real Name
Kaleigh
Congrats on your new baby!:dance5: be prepared for how beaky they are compared to most birds! And of course they go through the typical nippy stage that some never grow out of! Get ready to be on your toes and take TONS of pictures!!

JosienBB

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Congratulations! CBCs are beautiful birds. :)

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Congrats...can't wait to see pictures!!

CountryChick

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Cynthia
WooHoo! It is so exciting expecting a baby!! I love Roudybush California blend. I never give "seeds" only sunflower seeds when clicker-training and small dried mango bites. I do give 1 Nutirberry after uncovering the cage then my fid is nice and busy while I give fresh pellets and water. When I walk in the door from work I give my pre-made chop,, which hardly gets touched - oh well. I think my Mango likes routine.
I'm a newbie,, but that what I do. I look forward to your pics!!
I like theme names! A while ago I was into Disney (had dogs Simba and Tinkerbell) now I'm going for a fruit salad LOL! I love names like Mango, Peaches, Kiwi, Coconut...

crazyanimal

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Delta
Congrats. CBCs are sweet little birds. I have one and she is so full of personality. Looking forward to pics once the little one comes home.

kathykeltsy

Real Name
kathy
I keep reading about the nippyness. What do I do when that happens? Ignore it and go on? Put them down and leave and come back later?

I actually am having this issue with my girl tiel (in the picture) but with her I think it's an attention getting behavior because as long as I'm talking or singing to her she won't do it..

kathykeltsy

Real Name
kathy
Oh, forgot to mention...I think I have a name. Mogli. After the little guy in the Jungle Book. It's the only name hubby and I can agree on...even though he's my bird :cool: They are all my birds, all 5. OMG...I'm gonna have 5 parrots! I have arrived! :eek:

jehicks87

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jake
Just looked them up. Beautiful! And they sound like great companion birds. Congrats!