• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

BOTR IS COMING BACK !!!!

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
...yep...and anything he can get his beak on, too! ;)
Next time he needs a wood one... Just tell me he is a perch chewer. We will slow that boy down a little. :rofl:
Even the Hy's and Sam quit trying to do the main ones... I have TOUGH wood perches. ;)

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Last one, I promise. The Manu BOTR swing:

View attachment 387717

Perfect perfect! So now my questions. Are all those rocks from the original store? I feel like the three you attached to perches are not.
On the side mounted one, I assume there are two bolts even though I only see one.
and the swing... That I would reconfigure if I did them. 3 bolts and 6 chains I'm seeing. Is that correct?

@Just-passn-thru You too. That swing, you replaced the chains? Talk to me about what you did and why.

tattoosiva

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Perfect perfect! So now my questions. Are all those rocks from the original store? I feel like the three you attached to perches are not.
On the side mounted one, I assume there are two bolts even though I only see one.
and the swing... That I would reconfigure if I did them. 3 bolts and 6 chains I'm seeing. Is that correct?

@Just-passn-thru You too. That swing, you replaced the chains? Talk to me about what you did and why.
The side cage mount and and olivers garden are from the original. The rest are from Danita. The swing is my heaviest rock. Its 3 SS 5 ft chains that I looped on 3 bolts.

I had a thinner swing from the original, about 2 pounds but it cracked in under a year. It had a smoother surface.

The side mount has a single bolt, it was advertised as a cage topper but I think you could use any single or double bolt rock as a side mount if your cage can take the weight and fits the bars.

Jan

Stainless Bird Toys @ Blu's Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
This has nothing to do with the BOTR but on this last pic right above my post you show where the red plastic star is ... the clip (fastener) that is holding the green thing. I'd get rid of that clip, those are dangerous for getting a beak caught or even a leg band. I realize this might be an older image but nevertheless, those should not be used on any bird toy or other situations.

Just-passn-thru

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne

Never came with chains, only the bolts attached . I added the chains'. Originally I vet wrapped the chain, looked really nice for about two days.

Last edited:

Laurie

The Best Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laurie
Sweet! I was literally just thinking of BOTR yesterday.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Been playing with rocks all week. The minor complications we have had so far are just the learning curve of adjusting to rock over wood. :D

I do know that sizes may be slightly different from the original. The XXL is only supposed to be 11" :cautious: Clearly BOTR was not owned by macaw owners. :rofl:
So when we do start selling make sure you check your sizes. We will probably leave the sizes as is to start with but I know things have to change a little. If I buy a XXL perch... my macaw has to fit on it! :lol:

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
Mine were all purchased from Danita.

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
Yeah how exciting! I could use a few more of these for sure! All of ours were purchased from Danita.

Apparently I only have one picture of Jenks on one of his flagstone perches. o_O

jenks on flagstone.jpg

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I sure wouldn't want to think about shipping those. What do some of those weigh?
Looking like the small ones are about 1.5 pounds, Large ones around 7-8. Not too terrible on our test ones. :D