• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

BOTR IS COMING BACK !!!!

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Daff has a piece she uses for cleaning her beak. I probably need more...sigh...

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Daff has a piece she uses for cleaning her beak. I probably need more...sigh...
Completely funny you said that! I told Joe we need to do one mounted flat to the side of the cage for a beak scratcher! Must be a macaw thing as it wasn't thought of before. ;)

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Used to have a bird toy on a chain that was a piece of lava rock. Nerd loved that thing and would attack it and sharpen his beak on it. It was a LOT smaller then it started and we used it to hold his guillotine door open and he'd sit on top and work at it all day off and on.
Dobby has a yellow cement perch he loves to roost on when he's inside and it has kept his nails trimmed nicely so far.

Just-passn-thru

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
Last edited:

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
Here's Rupert's perch! I've had this for a number of years.

I love that you can scrub them down well and keep them around for ages. They stay nice and cool, and I don't have to worry about it being in a splash zone.

20210629_200502.jpg

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
I have one or maybe another hidden away from Danita. Penny has one in her cage but does not use it...Oh well...

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Here's Rupert's perch! I've had this for a number of years.

I love that you can scrub them down well and keep them around for ages. They stay nice and cool, and I don't have to worry about it being in a splash zone.

View attachment 387513
He is always the perfect model. Such as sweet little guy.

The_Mayor

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martha
I'm pretty sure his name is John but no. John sold the business to Danita years ago. :)

BOTR perches are now going to be made in the Nutz shop. As of today Joe has everything he needs to start running test pieces. We are strictly adhering to to the original design and manufacturing process so nothing about them is going to change. Except there is no option to upgrade to SS, the hardware is stainless steel whether you like it or not. :D
I know this is a long-shot, but if it's possible to make them with different attachments that would be awesome.

Screw-attached perches are a PITA for me, as I live alone and don't have someone I can easily round up to say, "hey, stand here and hold this in place while I tighten the screw." And, any place I'm putting a perch is well past the zone where I can hold it with one hand and attach the screw with another.

So, if were possible to create some perches that hook on, like the attachment for for water bowl holders, that would be awesome.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I know this is a long-shot, but if it's possible to make them with different attachments that would be awesome.

Screw-attached perches are a PITA for me, as I live alone and don't have someone I can easily round up to say, "hey, stand here and hold this in place while I tighten the screw." And, any place I'm putting a perch is well past the zone where I can hold it with one hand and attach the screw with another.

So, if were possible to create some perches that hook on, like the attachment for for water bowl holders, that would be awesome.
It's my thought that a simple bracket could be installed on the bolts to achieve this. While I completely understand the dilemma ( I have 62x62 walk in aviaries up against a wall on two sides ) I'm not sure exactly how it would work with this amount of weight. It's something that we could look into once we feel solid with the product line. If it's not something we would end up doing/selling I could recommend a bracket if I find one I felt safe with. :)

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
He is always the perfect model. Such as sweet little guy.
:rofl: Seconds before that, he was guarding the perch from me, and giving me the, "what on earth are you doing, woman?" look. Then he started strutting and barking, and that's when I managed a non-blurry photo.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
:rofl: Seconds before that, he was guarding the perch from me, and giving me the, "what on earth are you doing, woman?" look. Then he started strutting and barking, and that's when I managed a non-blurry photo.
Some models can be such divas. blingbling.gif

tattoosiva

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Anyone caught up in the heatwave, these are a perfect cool down and hold cold or warm temperatures very well. Wash well and stick in the freezer over night. They will stay nice and cool through the day.

When its chilly, i run under very hot water at night and when it cools down and just warm to the touch, they will crowd on it and then return to their favourite sleep area.

Obviously, don't put a hot or freezing flagstone in their cage.

tattoosiva

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Completely funny you said that! I told Joe we need to do one mounted flat to the side of the cage for a beak scratcher! Must be a macaw thing as it wasn't thought of before. ;)
I actually have a mounted flat, I'll take a picture when I get home. Only Watson uses one when his beak area had pins.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I'm still looking for my backup drive haha

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I'm still looking for my backup drive haha
Oh goodness don't go that crazy.

We got a few cut and bolted and today we get to attempt to break the bolts back out. :rofl:
I also have one that I'm giving to the hy's as I'm so curious how strong flagstone is!

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Milton and the flock are VERY interested...