• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bona hardwood cleaner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stephwin

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Stephanie
We have hardwood floors throughout about half of our downstairs so we recently bought a cleaner by Bona. Does anyone know if this product is safe to use around birds? We cleaned our floors with it a week or so prior to getting Slimer, but I’m just curious what everyone else thinks about it. Their site says it is nontoxic and GreenGuard (??) certified to meet rigorous indoor air quality standards.

Thanks!

jaimeltx

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jaime
We have hardwood floors throughout about half of our downstairs so we recently bought a cleaner by Bona. Does anyone know if this product is safe to use around birds? We cleaned our floors with it a week or so prior to getting Slimer, but I’m just curious what everyone else thinks about it. Their site says it is nontoxic and GreenGuard (??) certified to meet rigorous indoor air quality standards.

Thanks!

I would love to know the answer to this too! Anyone???

ifly

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Ariba
We use it all the time. My mom loves it:p Its been over a year and Mango is still healthy!We use it often around him. So I would say it is safe.

Ziggymon

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Heidrun, or Mouse
I don't know. I just wanted to point out that because some people use a product without having a problem with their birds, it doesn't necessarily mean the product is safe for birds. I know I used teflon coated pots and pans for a number of years before I learned of the associated hazards, and Frisco is alive to tell the tale. That doesn't make teflon bird safe.

stephwin

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Stephanie
These are the ingredients (I have no idea what it means):
Water, anionic and nonionic surfactants, and glycol ether solvents

Other information on their site:
VOC – < 3%
Odor – Non-Offending

TOXICITY INFO: No ingredients in this product are listed by OSHA, IARC or NTP as a carcinogen, teratogen, mutagen, or as having toxic reproductive effects. Not an eye irritant or dermal irritant; non-toxic by oral ingestion and inhalation under FHSA/CPSC guidelines.

REGULATORY DATA:
Section 313 supplier notification: This product contains the following chemical(s) subject to the reporting requirements of Section 313 of Title III of the Superfund Amendment and Reauthorization Act of 1986 and 40CFR 372: None.

This product contains the following chemical(s) which are known to the state of California to cause cancer or to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm: None.

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
I think it sounds fine personally. I use Clorox Clean Up diluted with water to clean my floors.

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
I use Bona cleaner on my wood floors. I think it is a non toxic cleaner...I do not even notice any odor when I use it. I don't use it for daily cleaning, but maybe once a week to shine them up:)

Status
Not open for further replies.