• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Boing

Kiwi & Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Kiwi has been beaking the boing lately, and it's looking kind of fuzzy, should I trim the fuzz away or is it fine the way it is?

20200714_151934.jpg

Bonus Kiwi photobomb :lol:
20200714_151951.jpg

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Lol! ❤
Can nails get snagged in the fuzz?

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
The photobomb! :loltears:

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Love this picture! Fuzzy is okay, it is the hanging loose pieces (threads) that can tangle a talon or toe. If you see any of those, cut them off. If you are like me, and the when in doubt, throw it out type, then toss it. They are not very expensive to replace. ;)

clarousel

Are they likely to pull off the fuzz? Just asking cause I have a cotton rope perch. Not sure if Preeno would ever rip it that much though.

Speaking of photo bombs, I got butt bombed!

20200715_105820.jpg

QuakerCraz

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
I think there's little devices that are designed for taking off fuzz. My grandma had one and it worked for sweater fuzz. Don't know what happened to it. If it gets too bad or if your concerned about the fuzz, maybe take it out and take a razor blade, one of those ones for box cutters, an scrape the fuzz off? Or maybe try using an electric shaver with a straight trimmer and not the full face type? Like one of those nosehair type trimmers but you can use them for small spaces on your face like lip, eyebrows and side burns. I think they're called detail trimmers. COuld work. Or just a tiny pair of scissors.

But the photobomb. Gah! I love those! And then the butt-bomb. Man, I'm seeing so many great silly pictures and I haven't been able to get any of my goobers yet. I'm sure it will happen though.

Kiwi & Co.

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
But the photobomb. Gah! I love those! And then the butt-bomb. Man, I'm seeing so many great silly pictures and I haven't been able to get any of my goobers yet. I'm sure it will happen though.
Here's another one :lol:

20200701_075400.jpg

There was a piece of twine from a toy I made them, and he decided to swing from it lol.

Edit: I took it out afterward so he wouldn't get tangled and stuck

clarousel

I think there's little devices that are designed for taking off fuzz. My grandma had one and it worked for sweater fuzz. Don't know what happened to it. If it gets too bad or if your concerned about the fuzz, maybe take it out and take a razor blade, one of those ones for box cutters, an scrape the fuzz off? Or maybe try using an electric shaver with a straight trimmer and not the full face type? Like one of those nosehair type trimmers but you can use them for small spaces on your face like lip, eyebrows and side burns. I think they're called detail trimmers. COuld work. Or just a tiny pair of scissors.

I know what you're talking about, it looks like a small comb thingy right?

You could also use like an eyebrow razor but not sure if you have those there.

Speaking of jumper fuzz or piling, I absolutely hate it! If my rope perch ends up with fuzz I'd be going at it :roflmao:

QuakerCraz

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
Kind of? I have this little trimmer thingy that's meant for detailing and it takes off peach fuzz from my face. COuld work for taking off fine fuzz from a boing. It's like a little stick thing with a tiny trimmer head. Mine is called the diamond something or another. SOme as seen on tv brand.

I have an unconscious need to pick at things so I'm not too buggered about sweater fuzz. But if it's inside the sweater or sweat shirt, that's a different story.

I think I'm gonna need to get a picture of JoJo when he lands on my head. He seems to like it up there. Sweetie seems to like my glasses and will sometimes try to perch on them. Or just flat out climb up my face to get on them.

Reactions: Ali