• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Blue?

Jamzblond

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
James
After doing quite a bit of searching online and finding nothing I'm just curious if anyone else has seen something similar to my 2.5 month old cockatiel, I have had him since 6 weeks old and got him from a reputable breeder. At the time he still had a small amount of blue around his beak really just an outline. The breeder said it was just a result from blue vitamin cubes mixed with the food he was feeding it basically that he was running his face on it. Since then he hasn't been receiving the same food and has had a couple of baths yet the blue spread to new feathers as they grew. Was it just a result of already eating the food? Has anyone else seen something similar? What's worst case scenario? He's very friendly even with new people and active and seems totally healthy and happy 15757734279044822319629181264877.jpg

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
It looks to me like dye from a toy. He may have splashed in his water dish, played with a toy and the dye transferred.

As long as you have bird safe toys it shouldn't be anything to worry about. Especially if he is acting happy and normal. :D

Edit: If the feathers are stained, they may stay that way until he molts. It may wash out if he baths also, but time will tell.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Lol I also think it is dye from a toy......I see you have some colored paper in the picture......see what color that turns if you drop it in water :)

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
What a cutie! :heart: He looks like a little stinker that will get into everything and keep you on your toes!:lol:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Welcome to the Avenue James! :starshower1: