• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Blue crown or Cherry head -would like info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vega

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Joni
Hey guys, I'd like to get some information on the Blue Crown and Cherry Head conures. I have a male patagonian and would love to add a buddy to our flock. I've decided against against another patty (the one I was considering has fallen through, so I'm using this time to do research) because I know I don't want to breed them.

I would like a larger conure because Harvey is pretty substantial in size. Both the blue crowns and cherry heads have caught my eye, but I'd like to get to know more about them as far as noise level (I understand there is no such thing as a quiet conure, but suns make my ears bleed lol), personalities, cage requirements, etc.

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hey guys, I'd like to get some information on the Blue Crown and Cherry Head conures. I have a male patagonian and would love to add a buddy to our flock. I've decided against against another patty (the one I was considering has fallen through, so I'm using this time to do research) because I know I don't want to breed them.

I would like a larger conure because Harvey is pretty substantial in size. Both the blue crowns and cherry heads have caught my eye, but I'd like to get to know more about them as far as noise level (I understand there is no such thing as a quiet conure, but suns make my ears bleed lol), personalities, cage requirements, etc.
If you want a BCC or Cherry Head, that's fine, but I just wanted to mention that having two Patties doesn't necessarily mean you'd have to breed. I have two male Hahn's who adore each other and are very happy together. :) Same species pairs tend to get along better... But, if you just want to get one of the other species because of your own interest, that's fine too.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Vega

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Joni
I did think about another male patty, but I wasn't sure how 2 mature/unrelated males would do together.

Status
Not open for further replies.