• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Blue and Gold male ***ADOPTED***

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Rummy? No, I think not. I will get on thin pine slices, though.

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
for toys what about a wiffle ball, you know those baseballs with the holes in them. Fast Freddy has one and when I get to see him we play catch with it. he is a good tosser and even better catcher then I am.

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
for toys what about a wiffle ball, you know those baseballs with the holes in them. Fast Freddy has one and when I get to see him we play catch with it. he is a good tosser and even better catcher then I am.

I have those. I'm going to give him thin pine and lots of shreddables.

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
All Frankentoys, too. ;)

Aubrey

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
How about Zebb or Ralph :)

Quinn can be male or female :)

Kelly can also be unisex :)

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Isn't the name supposed to sound similar to his old name (so as not to confuse him?) If so, Dimitri is close.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
The name is whatever you want it to be. :) Especially if the bird comes from a home and life they want to forget. My BG Kailua was named Piper. While she often says "Hi Piper" in which I return that with repeating it to her, she also uses that same voice to scream angry profanity. She had no problem learning a new name, although I think she thinks her name is sweetie.

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
The name is whatever you want it to be. :) Especially if the bird comes from a home and life they want to forget. My BG Kailua was named Piper. While she often says "Hi Piper" in which I return that with repeating it to her, she also uses that same voice to scream angry profanity. She had no problem learning a new name, although I think she thinks her name is sweetie.
Makes sense.....

Aubrey

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I can help but giggle when birds cuss :embarassed: I know I shouldn't but it's so funny when coming from a birds voice :D:facepalm:

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I can help but giggle when birds cuss :embarassed: I know I shouldn't but it's so funny when coming from a birds voice :D:facepalm:

My cuss words from Kailua are "Knock that crap off" & "Shut up". Shut up is a four letter word to me! I'd rather have them say $hit than shut up. ;)

Korbel says "your a pain in the *** " thank goodness it's in my husbands voice and only I understand him. ;) It's meant in a funny way... but he is a PITA :D

TurkeyBird

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brandon
I'm glad I found a forum that is active and as helpful as guys are with questions, rescues etc. My wife was amazed when I told her about the two recent ones on here and how recent they actually were. A lot of it I'm showing her so she knows more about exotics because she is studying mainly small animal medicine in school. But I just wanted to mention when Davi mumbles it typically sounds like the voice of the exorcist which is always fun.

Macaw Lover

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Renee'
But I just wanted to mention when Davi mumbles it typically sounds like the voice of the exorcist which is always fun.
Is it really fun or could it be scary? Guess it could go either way. :smuggrin: :backout:

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

TurkeyBird

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brandon
I think his murder mumbles are funny, my wife thinks the opposite. I think he is taking one of the vocal annoying cats meow and turning into a more vocal more annoying meow sound, different than his (the bird's) normal meow hah. We have always thought it was funny to teach him other animal sounds, and other birds sounds. Hence TurkeyBird!

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Are you insinuating our Sarah would be setting up for another B&G, the species that has their little talons wrapped around her heart?

Never say never but I really think she wants Matthew to match her numbers. :roflmao:

Not unless I buy a winning lottery ticket!