• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bleach!!! I have a question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nailrep

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Cindy
I came home today to find my house filled with the smell of bleach! My husband had a housekeeper come in to do some cleaning (that I haven't had time to do and he WON'T do!! LOL). I was HORRIFIED.

I ran in to check on Ringo and Elvis. Thankfully, their door had been closed the whole time she was cleaning MY ENTIRE HOUSE WITH BLEACH!!!
They seemed fine - eating, playing, talking, etc. I shut their door back and aired out the house somewhat. An hour later, it was alot better. But I STILL smell it 6 hours later!!

My question...What damage did this do to the birds if any? The bleach is gone and will be replaced with cleaner with a less intrusive smell and danger to the birds. I intend to have a major discussion with the housekeeper - who I have already told once not to use bleach, pinesol, oven cleaner, or carpet fresh. I am the only one who cleans their room.

My second question is what products do you guys use to clean NON bird rooms? Am I over dramatic about this thing today??

atvchick95

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kelli
I use bleach every now and then, but not enough to stink up a house - I personally don't like the smell but sometimes I have to use it - no other choice - its the only thing I've Ever found to get Red stains (like from spaghetti sauce) out of white plastic bowls

I just mainly use soap and water but now that I have Pet Focus I've actually been using it on just about everything I even used it in my fridge (which I'd skipped cleaning for a while because i didn't feel like dealing with it lol) and it made it sparkling clean and smell good too :D

Status
Not open for further replies.