• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Birds are the best medicine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poetic Ramblings

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lee
As many of you know, we lost Westley on Monday. I thought I would have trouble being around the other birds, but Afie's really helped me these past couple days. When we're upset, Afie makes sympathetic, "aww" noises and comes over to comfort us individually. She laughs even louder than usual at jokes, and when we laugh. She's always been a calm, gentle bird, but she's been particularly nice. She respects and is closer to my parents. I'm mostly her talking/listening and sometimes eating buddy, but she hasn't been as fidgety sitting with me.

Thank you, sweet girl. :)

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm so glad that she is helping you to heal,sending you many heart :hug8:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
they know....many many many hugs

Poetic Ramblings

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lee
Afie is the most perceptive bird I know. She didn't like Westley at all, but because we were upset, she was very much on edge the day it happened.

Chantilly Lace

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Chantel
Awe, that is really sweet. Birds really do know when you need a laugh or cuddle. They have gotten me through some extremely hard times, I don't know what I would do without them.

suileeka

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lindsay
They really do pick up on our energy and emotions... I'm glad that Afie is providing you some comfort. :hug8:

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
You are part of Alfie's flock, so of course she would be concerned about you. I am glad she is interacting with you. Alfie forming a closer relationship with you may be the silver lining from Westley's loss. :hug8:

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
Awww so good you have Alfie to help you through this. No matter how sad we feel, animals can always bring smiles to our faces!

65sunnyday

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
April, aka 'SUNNY'
I'm not surprised your Grey is so in tune with your emotions--I've heard they are known for this. Take comfort from this bird, as s/he seems more than willing to provide it. What a sweet bird:heart:

mrstweet

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Amanda
Even when you have tears in your eyes (I do now)...they make your heart go :swoon:
I am so very sorry about the loss of Westley. Hopefully the rest of the fids will rain little floofy feathers into that void until it is not so echo-y anymore. :hug8:

Status
Not open for further replies.