• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bird Safe Cleaners

Jean20057

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kristen
Hey everybody!

I'm feeling really defeated here. I need a good cleaner that is safe to use in the house, not directly in the bird room, but in the rest of the house. I know of water and white vinegar, but is there anything else that won't make my house smell like vinegar for days? I'm thinking there must be something amongst all these birdy owners that could work for us. What do you all use to clean your places?

But I keep getting very contradicting information, where one site says I can, and another site says I can't. I'm getting really frustrated, and I feel like a horrible bird mom because I can't find answers. Any help here would be amazing!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I use Force of Nature

It's premeasured salt and vinegar. You add water, and you use an electronic device to break the molecules so you create Hypochlorous Acid. Super gentle but effective cleaner and sanitizer. It smells faintly like a pool, but it dissipates quickly.

I use it for basically my whole house, even windows and mirrors. I have sensitive skin; most household cleaners make my skin break out. I also have a sensitive nose and get headaches from smells easily. No issues with either with this stuff!

Jean20057

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kristen
I did check that out, but it's a minimum $70. I really can't afford it.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Keep an eye out for sales! I got mine for $50. When I add up the cost of other cleaners it ends up saving me a lot of money as I'm not buying different cleaners for different purposes.

You could probably also use hydrogen peroxide as a cleaner I would imagine?

LiveLolBrd

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Lana
I use a drop of seventh generation soap mixed in water. It seems to work pretty well!
I think it’s expensive but a ozone sprayer is AMAZING!