• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

NEW PRODUCT BIRD ON THE ROCKS Flagstone Perches!!! Official Announcement

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
I have to say I am SO excited that Sarah has decided to purchase the Company.

Originally, I bought Bird on the Rocks, domain, supplies, directions and his blessings from John with the intention of Mr. T4W to have a business for when he retires. It was so exciting, I loved the perches so much.
Well, things have changed of course :lol: cockatoos took over my every waking minute lol

I waited for the perfect person to come along. One that would care about the perches, make sure the name and original methods were preserved. I know the old owner John worked hard on that business and it can't fizzle away, it is a jewel for birds everywhere, it has to be continued. I offered it to Sarah knowing that she would do just that.

So, to clear up any gossip or assumptions, you hear it right from me!

All of my birds have Flagstone perches and it is their favourite roosting spot. In the winter, add a little side mount heater and it keeps them toasty warm (my plucked cockatoo loves that) and in the summer the rock keeps the birds cool. I have had the same perches for :chin: over 12 years now. They are perfect still, like new!!! The method John used was safe and the procedure to make them was also safe. It has to when it comes to rocks!

Congrats Sarah Ms BOTR and the NEW Mr. BOTR!!! I am excited for you to take this business to where it was and beyond when it was passed to me!
:bliss:

Has she posted the prototypes? If not, I have seen them and they are beautiful.

Hermesbird

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Cat
Oh how exciting!!!! Congrats on new adventures everyone!!

Cant wait to see them!

Jan

Stainless Bird Toys @ Blu's Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
Didn't know that BOTR was for sell ... however, Sarah will bring it back to what it once was!!

Danita, your Too's are certainly a handful along with all the videos you do ... who is minding the T4W's store? Not sure how you do it, maybe you have help. Congrats to both you Danita and to Sarah!! :)

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
So sweet you guys! Such kind things to say, thank you for all the kind words.

We are super excited to be doing these. It's funny as I have never owned one but once we started making them we can see why everyone loves them. I say we but this is really Joe's. It's certainly more man work than I'm willing to do but Joe seems to really enjoy the heavy messy things. :laugh:

We should have the XS, S and mediums trickling onto the store any day now. Trying to get a heavy stock on all of them will take some time as everything about making them is time consuming and labor intensive but we are working on it daily.

So again, Thank you Danita! If it makes birds happy it makes us happy. We are doing our very best to make them with the same love and quality as the original.

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
Didn't know that BOTR was for sell ... however, Sarah will bring it back to what it once was!!

Danita, your Too's are certainly a handful along with all the videos you do ... who is minding the T4W's store? Not sure how you do it, maybe you have help. Congrats to both you Danita and to Sarah!! :)
It wasn't for sale, I was hoarding it for the Perfect Person! It for sure needed a man to operate.
I am minding T4W, finally coming out of the COVID busyness :( It was very hard! I don't have help, all me. Bird people shopped online only in Canada, so it was out of control.

I took all the toys off the website, I just couldn't keep up and was buried for so many months with 4-8 week waits on toys. So, I just took them off, it was affecting my mental health :lol: I couldn't even check my emails I was so anxious for people waiting for toys.

NOW!! I am Toy Refreshed and miss making them. I have prepped 1000's of parts from the break and will now put the toys back on the site. I will ONLY sell toys that are made and ready to ship. So all toys will be in stock. In another week or two the site will be jam packed with new toys ready to ship. So excited! :fairy:

@Jan People are always asking about your toys on my videos, they are the source for hours of entertainment for my crazy Toos lol

BananaBird

Sprinting down the street
Celebirdy of the Month
NOW!! I am Toy Refreshed and miss making them. I have prepped 1000's of parts from the break and will now put the toys back on the site. I will ONLY sell toys that are made and ready to ship. So all toys will be in stock. In another week or two the site will be jam packed with new toys ready to ship. So excited! :fairy:
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bliss::happydance::flowgdnc::heart2::excited2::birdance:

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Well, things have changed of course :lol: cockatoos took over my every waking minute lol
This is not funny my dear. :lol:
All of my birds have Flagstone perches and it is their favourite roosting spot. In the winter, add a little side mount heater and it keeps them toasty warm (my plucked cockatoo loves that) and in the summer the rock keeps the birds cool. I
I’ve never seen one either.