• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bird feather sticking out

babypepper

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Emery
His feather first popped out yesterday and I’m not sure if I should be worried about it. He hasn’t acted bothered, here’s a picture:
If you can’t tell it’s on his right wing at the bottom image.jpg

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
His feather first popped out yesterday and I’m not sure if I should be worried about it.
Do you mean, that he lost a clipped feather and now an unclipped feather has grown in it's place?

I urge you to allow him to shed all of his clipped feathers and grow new, unclipped feathers so he can fly better in the future.

Whilst his wings are uneven, it is important to have lots of perching opportunities for him, line floors with towels or other soft furnishings to minimize any injuries from crash landings. Supervise closley until the wings are regrown and his flight has improved.

babypepper

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Emery
No like I noticed the feather sticking out yesterday
Also I’m not sure if his wings are clipped or not

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Also I’m not sure if his wings are clipped or not
They are all clipped (all of the flight feathers). Your bird just has one flight feather that is unclipped.
It doesn't appear broken.

I noticed the feather sticking out yesterday
Flight feathers can sometimes stick out. Even when they are all unclipped sometimes one will stick out and eventually the bird will preen it back into place.
Broken feathers, the bird will usually remove themselves.
Personally I only get involved if there is blood (a broken blood feather, unopened, that is actively bleeding)

babypepper

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Emery
They are all clipped (all of the flight feathers). Your bird just has one flight feather that is unclipped.
It doesn't appear broken.

Flight feathers can sometimes stick out. Even when they are all unclipped sometimes one will stick out and eventually the bird will preen it back into place.
Broken feathers, the bird will usually remove themselves.
Personally I only get involved if there is blood (a broken blood feather, unopened, that is actively bleeding)
Okay thank you very much for the advice