• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bird Dreams?

Status
Not open for further replies.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Ever have one? I went back to sleep this morning{feel a cold coming on} and the phone just rang, which woke me up. Thank goodness.
I was having a terrible dream. I had given Holly up to a rescue!:eek: I realized it was a huge mistake, and asked someone for their phone number. I was at work and kept sneaking off to try and call them. I was crying my eyes out!:cry: It was horrible!:(:(

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
I think I will go and cuddle her right now.:hug1:

Chantilly Lace

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Chantel
I always have them :-( I'm trying to get my birds out of a tree, or they are hurt, or someone stole them...that is the most common dream for sure. I always feel relief when I wake up and see them, all in their cages!

Ben

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ben
All the time. I had one recently that the world was ending or some other crazy thing that would make everyone go crazy rioting and looting, and I couldn't move Althea's cage to a safe place outside of the city so I had to build a giant fort to keep her safe. I usually have really vivid weird dreams and just go along with it because I know to some extent I'm dreaming and can laugh at it all later but I don't like the ones about her at all. I'd rather go back to dreams about high school conspiracies were the student council become a secret police to enforce mind control so we don't know the school's cheating on its taxes and switching the ice cream in the cafeteria.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
My dreams are crazy usually. I have a lot of end of the world dreams too! Sometimes sleeping is more exhausting than being awake.:p

Ben

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ben
I love having crazy dreams the best part is the weird dream logic, things like I better not do this because of this completely unrelated thing.

Sparky04

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kiersten
I recently had a dream that I had a Hyacinth Macaw name Ace. I was hitchhiking to Pennsylvania with him on my shoulder. I stopped by at a city and got attacked by demon creatures! :eek:They set fire to a building and Ace fly away because he was scared. I stole one of the demon's horses and got away. I looked around for a few hours and found Ace. Then I continued my journey to PA.

I also had a dream that I was a cockatiel. I belonged to a family, there was a dad and mom and an autistic son. The son took me outside and I flew away. I flew around for a bit and then flew back to the house. I figured at the house, the people were nice and I got good food and toys. So I was happy there.

I've had plenty of other dreams as well. But a lot of them are about there randomly being more birds in my house then my flock.

Sparky04

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kiersten
My dreams are crazy usually. I have a lot of end of the world dreams too! Sometimes sleeping is more exhausting than being awake.:p
*sigh* :rolleyes: My dreams are usually very crazy... They're super weird and most seem to have intricate plots.

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
sorry you woke up scared Carole.. :( yes, I've had bird dreams before too- I've only had one bad bird dream if I remember right. I usually have really weird dreams too, not so much scary, but moreso adventure and suspense dreams- LOL!

cosmolove

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Erica (:
Tonight I woke up in the middle of the night and thought my little terrier at the bottom of my feet was a african grey....He's grey and has a red collar. I was royally freaked out.

crzybrdldy

Real Name
Patty
I want to know what everyone is eating before they go to bed at night?

Carole I think when we are starting to come down with something it opens our minds up for some bizarre dreams.

I have had only one strange dream pertaining to parrots, I kept hearing something in my backyard so I went over to look out of the curtain to see about 20 (various) macaws in the back, so I called the woman I worked for at the rescue and told her I had a problem with some macaws at my house and she told me she would get a dog crate and come out. I cleared my throat and told her she was going to need around 20 of them and a van to load them in.

It stunned me so that I sat straight up in the chair, it felt so real.

TypingParrot

I had a dream days before getting Sprite that I adopted 3 budgies, one green and yellow, one blue and white, and one grey and white. So far I have 2 out of three.....

(the night before I had a dream I would have a visit from my 3 year old and got a phone call asking if I wanted him for the day!)

I need to dream of winning the lottery! Bigger cage for Sprite and Mojo, the last $50 Ella needs for her fundraiser, and donations for rescues. Oh yeah, It might help if I was caught up financially too!:p

Shawn

Walking the driveway
I have recurring dreams of their beaks falling off and all that I see is the tongue. I have the dream every few months and I'm frantically trying to figure out how to feed them, what changes I would need to make, and make arrangements to take them to work in case they can't eat on their own. It's horrifying.

Nìmwey

Strolling the yard
I can't tell you how many times I've dreamed about Yondo and/or Egon after I gave them up, and even a couple of years before that, when Yondo was with a caretaker.
And once a few years ago, I dreamed Saga escaped outside, and when I woke I was sitting up in bed with tears all over my face. :(
And I actually think I managed to get Cirino a little more tame in a dream just last night. :cool:

Last edited:

KimKimWilliamson

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
I have an incredibly over active imagination, and my dreams are usually vivid and strange! LOL
I HAVE had dreams with my birds, but never negative ones so far. I do have a horrible re-occuring dream about losing my dog Rocket and searching frantically for her to find that someone has stolen her and will not return her! I always wake up so convinced it happened, until I see her all snug up again my legs :)

I have heard if you consume dairy close to bed, you will have nightmares. Not sure how true that is, LOL makes you wonder about the whole "warm glass of milk" thing.....

Dana Lee

Real Name
Dana
Ug, I have had nightmares in which Sydney is flying away from me and I am running after her but she is out of my reach and then she is gone :(. Years ago, before I was a bird person, I witnessed my high school best friend's tiel' get out of his cage by accident and fly away. I think that is why I picture this so vividly in my dreams. Her tiel' fluttered above our heads but just out of our reach and then he took off, we looked for him for days and days, there was no internet back then so we made signs and we went door to door. She never got him back :( I also have the nightmares where my dogs are lost or stolen. When I had ferrets I had nightmares about them getting hurt, lost, stolen. I snack on cheese a lot, before bedtime too maybe I should lay off the cheese. I've had some really really weird dreams lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.